Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse and steam

VBsix

I've noticed we achieved the goal of funding the server this month (hurray!) and a new donation goal has been set for getting this engine on Steam. Which raised two questions (for now) about what is being planned for Eclipse if it is released on steam.

Is it going to stay free?

If it is not going to be free will donors get a free copy?

I strongly suggest it stays free, or, at a really low price (under $5) only because it is an old engine and, in most ways, can't compete with something like Unity or RPG Maker.

However, there is a lot of opportunity and success for Eclipse were it released on Steam. I don't think there are any other easy-to-use ORPG makers available on the market. I actually switched from RPG Maker to Eclipse because I wanted to be able to create and play a game with my friends. And, through steam workshop, users may be able to sell their pixel art and scripts in the same way people sell similar services for RPG Maker.

Getting on Steam could gain this engine enough popularity for a successful Kickstarter to fund a much needed update to it's code. But, before I donate I'd just like a little more info.