Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is getting rediculous.

LucasA33

No. That's not how this works. Giving those options costs precious cycles which can't be wasted on something as superfluous as user preference.

The source code is there for a reason. If you want something changed then you edit the source. That's just how it works. This engine was never designed to work like RPG Maker and it never will be. You'll have never have me programming in dozens of different systems just so you've got things to pick.

If you want to do something like movement changes then program in a system which changes the movement. If you're not willing to learn to edit the source code then you're using the wrong engine and, arguably, you're in the wrong industry.

Ask any real game developer what you need to learn to be a good developer. They'll all give you the same answer; _Everything._

@LucasA33:

> I guess I could ask for developers help, I just have no idea how to edit the source, and I am worried about breaking the game.

Then you shouldn't be making video games. If you're too scared of exploring your environment through trial and error then you're going to have a _lot_ of problems when you grow up.

Calling a programmer who programmes on an _industry level_ (that being merely one of my capabilities) immature is a very ignorant move, pal. There are two ways of creating a game, either you are going to be using the existing tools that lack performance, features, etc. to make a wonderful game, so that you'll just get a poor hobbyist game instead (e.g. GameMaker, RPG Maker, etc.), or either you are going to learn to actually programme. EO is a step in the direction of programming the minority, or perhaps the majority (depending on what you want) of things yourself. That I have to repeat this again in your thread, just proves that you are ignorant, not willing to read and very quick to jump to meaningless conclusions. Therefore, I only will ever recommend you the first way. As you clearly have no idea what it takes to programme an entire game, or a game engine. As you clearly have no idea what it takes to get a good concept rolling. As you clearly have no idea how to produce graphics, cinematics, sound effects and background music. As you clearly have no idea what it takes to **develop a game**.

It's really sad that, despite excusing yourself, you still have to call members who want to tell you how it really is, immature. And to be honest, the respect you just lost from me (as every member has my initial respect), is hard to lose, except if you make an ignorant move like this. I hope you'll actually learn how it really works, otherwise I just hope you'll leave the scene of game development _very soon_.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.