Star Wars: The Old Republic

Kusy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
My life is forfeit… this game is the best MMO I have seen. Level 21, Jedi Guardian and can't get my face off of it, I like absolutely everything that's going on, not a single thing that I would hate or that would discourage me from playing it.

Only thing that needs fixing is the UI but it's a priority for the developers from what I heard.

>! Player "Cally" won at EVE Online despite it being a massively multiplayer game with no victory condition. Other players earn ISK (game currency) by mining, completing quests or killing each other. Cally, on the other hand, simply asked for it. And it worked, and there was nothing they could do about it. Because while the other losers went into the economy as honest workers, or corporations, he realized he could go in as a bank.
>! He spent months running the "EVE Intergalactic Bank (EIB)." This offered loans for start-up EVE corporations and miners who wanted to buy tools, with interest rates and repayment plans and yes, we're still talking about a game people apparently play for fun.
>! Cally certainly had fun: He fulfilled the secret fantasy of every bank manager in history, when one day, he walked in and just took all the money. All the money was 790 billion ISK, about $170,000 in real dollars, which he used to become the greatest video game villain of all time. He spent a huge chunk of the money to buy a ridiculously powerful warship, another chunk posting a huge bounty on his own head, then sailed off into space just daring people to kill him.
>! Something like this – the biggest middle finger in history.
>! The ultimate dickery? He posted a 15-minute video bragging about how he got away with it, mocking his loyal employees at EIB, enemies who failed to stop him and the suckers who basically paid for a second job -- essentially paying for the right to have their money stolen. Understand: Cally is now officially smarter than every Bond villain put together, because he found a way to give an expository monologue without getting killed.

Brilliance.

@Azkanan:

> >! Player "Cally" won at EVE Online despite it being a massively multiplayer game with no victory condition. Other players earn ISK (game currency) by mining, completing quests or killing each other. Cally, on the other hand, simply asked for it. And it worked, and there was nothing they could do about it. Because while the other losers went into the economy as honest workers, or corporations, he realized he could go in as a bank.
> >! He spent months running the "EVE Intergalactic Bank (EIB)." This offered loans for start-up EVE corporations and miners who wanted to buy tools, with interest rates and repayment plans and yes, we're still talking about a game people apparently play for fun.
> >! Cally certainly had fun: He fulfilled the secret fantasy of every bank manager in history, when one day, he walked in and just took all the money. All the money was 790 billion ISK, about $170,000 in real dollars, which he used to become the greatest video game villain of all time. He spent a huge chunk of the money to buy a ridiculously powerful warship, another chunk posting a huge bounty on his own head, then sailed off into space just daring people to kill him.
> >! Something like this – the biggest middle finger in history.
> >! The ultimate dickery? He posted a 15-minute video bragging about how he got away with it, mocking his loyal employees at EIB, enemies who failed to stop him and the suckers who basically paid for a second job -- essentially paying for the right to have their money stolen. Understand: Cally is now officially smarter than every Bond villain put together, because he found a way to give an expository monologue without getting killed.
>
> Brilliance.

cool story .. hes like EVE's Rothschild

Yeah, because you are playing and know that Roby.

Nope, the game is different than you average MMO, the killing quests are not grinding and they disappear quite soon only to return in form of optional bonus quests that you do on your way to a mission objective.

Also, what do you mean Zonova?

@Zonova:

> I meant like in WoW, you click on the monsters and then mash the number keys. As opposed to a game like Vindictus, where you have to aim your attacks, etc. Both ways get repetitive after a while, but i'm just curious as to which one they use in this game.

Point and click.
A lot of people like to write off point'n'click but you should really try it out yourself.

• 4 weeks later...
So apparently, I was right that The Old Republic is shit.

**Skip to about 1:10 for when evidence begins. 0:00 to 1:10 is basically WoW vs TOR fags argueing.

In short:
WoWFags: TOR Is shit.
TORFags: Go back to WoW then.**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJ9-sMrRWY&list=FLH9eOZy6G8AjtUaSiq8jFCw&index=4&feature=plpp_video

You being the wowfag?
And me the torfag?

The game gets boring when you hit levelcap and do your class quest… whatever happens with the game is entirely dependent on how often and how much of new content will arrive. Otherwise even I won't be playing for too long.

For what I got from the game and from the amount of time I spent in it - it was money spent well, especially it wasn't really my money. I will probably roll an alt or two because I have 2 months of game time to use, then we'll see what they'll add to the game in the March update.

Besides Azk, I'm assuming your opinion is based on YouTube videos of screencaped forums, abuse of a bug that was already fixed? And... some text? I don't get you, you're a) trolling or b) butthurt about something. Possibly both.