• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Wilfre:

> Newest Version, I updated 2 hours ago,
>
> *8 minutes later*
> Oh, I think it doesn't work on Mozzila, because Google Chrome downloads fine…

I'm using the most recent version of Firefox (version 11) too and it works perfectly. Oh well, at least you found something that works.

okay, thanks. and im opening it all through client.vbp. okay, where on the screen am i supposed to make the chatbox? it all kindof confuses me. i wish ryoku would have made full screen pictures of what he was doing and not just little snip-its.

also i think i figured out where im supposed to put it, its just i dont know how to put in the little (1) or the (2) on the options. i understand u have to do it in the properties menu but where?

@GeminiXcastorm:

> okay, now i got past all of the issues and another came up when i finished. i pressed file and clicked build eo, and it came up with all these problems in the coding. even ones in coding i didnt tamper with. please help me out…

That doesn't help. What errors do you get?

I've probably missed something really simply…Everything else has worked all the way through except literally the last step! :(

The client side compiled fine but the server side wont compile and comes up with this...So I'm guessing the problem is server side.

I'm also using Alatars quest system but I've seen people say it works fine with that.

EDIT:
  Picture 2 is the new problem I get now I've fixed the first problem!

Edit:
  Ok I just re-did it completely from scratch on a fresh EO and got the same problem (picture 1) Again I followed everything step by step and double checked as I went along...Please help!

![](http://upic.me/i/za/help1.png)

(Sorry For my poor skill in vb6)
when i enter admin panel and click at conv option nothing happen

No bug Found During Compile Or Run
+add all script except optional

+that i fix the popup convo my fault ;'P

Hello, first off I want to thank you for a great tutorial, instructions were easy to follow so the modifications are in place…

I however run into a bit of a problem:

I create a conversation, save it. But when I want a NPC to use it the ScrlConv still shows 0 conversations. I've tried reloading the NPCs, restarting the server, creating more than 1 conversation. And yes, the NPC has 100 of Health.

Any quick thoughts of what I might be missing?

Nevermind I found my problem, I did forget to copy the bit of code on the ScrlConv control, that did the trick… :P N00b I know...

I did however notice that the Tutorial does not mention (nor I saw it anywhere) that if you put your PicChat box anywhere outside the viewable form the code will work but you'll never see the conversations, so I added the following line.

On handleChatUpdate after:

```
' render the face
    frmMain.picChatFace.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & GFX_PATH & "\faces\" & Npc(npcNum).Sprite & ".bmp")
```
I added the following:

```
    ' move picchat window
    frmMain.picChat.Left = 12
    frmMain.picChat.top = 442
```
This will effectively put the PicChat box and its contents on top of the general chat box… regardless where it is during the programming/design.

Now I just need to figure a way of closing it down without waiting for the conversation to end.

Much Appeciated!  :cheesy:

@Mondo:

> Hello, first off I want to thank you for a great tutorial, instructions were easy to follow so the modifications are in place…
>
> I however run into a bit of a problem:
>
> I create a conversation, save it. But when I want a NPC to use it the ScrlConv still shows 0 conversations. I've tried reloading the NPCs, restarting the server, creating more than 1 conversation. And yes, the NPC has 100 of Health.
>
> Any quick thoughts of what I might be missing?

You have to go into your folders and delete every NPC for this to take effect…A bit of a pain if you've spent ages making them but not to bad if you only have a few!

@mydances:

> ![](http://upic.me/i/za/help1.png)
>
> (Sorry For my poor skill in vb6)
> when i enter admin panel and click at conv option nothing happen
>
> No bug Found During Compile Or Run
> +add all script except optional
>
> +that i fix the popup convo my fault ;'P

What was your problem? I had the same problem and couldn't seem to find a fix :O

Got another question.

I recently added both the Altair Quest System and the Robin Conversation System to my project, and now I can't get to spawn NPC's on the map… Just the first NPC spawns.

The Editors work well, I can get the NPCs get created, they can be edited, and they're saving to disk, because they can be edited again (in the NPC Editor) even after restarting the server etc...

However I just can get them to spawn on the map!

Upon opening the Map Editor and trying to set the Spawn Attribute, the NPC Spawn frame displays only the first NPC... And then any other NPC that I already create its presented as "No NPC"... Like "2: No NPC", "3: No NPC" ans so forth...

Any ideas of what could be wrong here?

I've gone through the tutorials (both)  twice, trying to figure out if I missed something... and it keeps eluding me... That or I don't fully understand how to make an NPC appear on a MAP...

Hints anyone?

![](http://i.imgur.com/RwFoi.png)

I followed the tutorial everything works, except my box desent dissapear or show up when u talk to a npc. I had no npcs except the angel. as im working on a new engine build. But i made a new npc as the test. He is set to friendly, and has atleast 1 in each stat. Any Ideas, I am gunna go over the whole thing again but i figured id ask here first for some pointers on where to look or how to fix.  Thanks for your time