Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[CS:DE] Website Server Status/Register

Odin

I've looked around and I can't find a tutorial on how to Register and show server status on a website. I found 1, but the download link was broken :\, So I didn't have the files to make it work.

@Aeri:

> It will take a LOT of effort to do, or you could just pay someone.

It's not as complicated as it seems, the hardest part is finding out how your website/forum software stores passwords for your registered users in it's database. Setting up, connecting, and getting info from the remote database isn't hard to understand.

@Odin:

> I'm using 000webhost. But I like Webs.com more. Would webs work?

I've never used either, but if you don't have FTP access or any type of access at all to your web files, you can forget about it. You will also need to be able to access your website's database.

I have successfully made an Authentication Server.
What it does is it process the Username/Password Combo Checking instead of the Server.
The Server can also send Data to the Authentication Server.

I am now in the process of making the Authentication Server to be able to Retrieve and Send Data to MySQL Database using the MySQL ODBC.

I haven't decide whether I'll release this for free or charge for the service. It's kinda stupid if I do charge money since I got the concept from Crystalshire and Robin was the one that told me how the system work. However, I spend a great deal of time learning VB6 Winsock Control, EO's Byte Array Networking, and connecting VB6 to MySQL. Plus the coding and debugging I did.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Wow. Goodjob. Free would be nice, but It will cause a leak and it will take away the "rarity" in Crystalshire.

Btw, Robin. I've waited almost a week for "Activation" on crystalshire. I REALLY want to play!

@Rithy58:

> -snip-

Personally I'd see that as a pretty dickish move considering the amount of posts I made explaining to you in great detail exactly what to do.

Game developers have a responsibility to their users to protect their data. If you can't integrate your database yourself then you don't understand the security of the system and leave yourself wide open to data theft.

Origins' data is safe. You can't steal someone's e-mail address and password from that. If you do this system wrong or don't take the right steps in securing it then that data isn't safe.

In fact I'd probably delete any tutorial you did make regarding this. A system like that should not released publicly for the safety of the community.

@Robin:

> -snip-

I agree it isn't a wise move to make money off of it but how about we share the profit, 20% for you, 80% for me, I'll do all the coding and handling with all of the annoying noobs, and you get paid for your idea :P
Haha, well even if I were to charge money, It wouldn't be more than $10\. I just need enough to pay for a GPU and try out APB cause I feel like I'm missing out a lot on that game. Or maybe I'll just keep it to myself cause we all know it's going to get out of hand somehow.

Anywho, onto the security. I'm planning on installing a forum software with custom database that will store Player's forum data and game data. Then some webpages that pull the data from the database to display via php. Forum software usually get updates when there is a bug so that should cover some security. As for the webpages, some permission settings and some coding(after researching on the internet, of course) should do the trick. I just need to keep the amateur hacker out, it's not like I can make the database impenetrable. Even the US Gov failed at keeping hacker out.

I have two goals :
- Game Data on Game Website
- Account Management(delete account, recover password, etc)

I'm not really planning on actually having a forum community but if the players decide they want to communicate outside of the game in the forum, then that's a plus. Community is essence to game imo.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Domino_:

> Hmm, about adding registration from website to server, there need to code server that he save all account in sql server database, just need to know how to input code. ^^ I'm right?
> Don't need to be harb but must know how. :D

That's what we're talking about.

@Domino_:

> But for EO I suggest MySQL.

Have the Game Server use MySQL directly is not that great of an idea.
So instead, we have a different server that kinda act between the Client and Server using a different socket system for Authentication but in my case, also dump data into the MySQL Database.

Sincerely,
Rithy