Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My 2nd GUI needing comments for improvements!

juvanio

@dxxknight:

> um… the blue is to eye catching it takes away from the game play.

I agree. You need to choose a color/theme that won't take away from the gameplay. It needs to be subtle so that it blends in.

Also, I feel that your GUI is too bulky which is why you need it spread out all over the screen like that. Keep it really simple and compact with only the necessities. For example, personally I don't feel you need the block with your name, class, and level even. You should just know from using your player. If you make a way for others to see what your stats are that's fine. That's just my opinion though.

Overall, good use of manipulation! By that I mean its good to see a GUI that wasn't just a recolored layout of the default.

i think it may look better if you take the top gui bar and do like AmSamuari said and drop the name, level, title, gold amount, and exp bar.  redo your inventory GUI if you haven't done it yet to support those things like most games do. alot of time gold and exp can be viewed through your invetory and character panels. that should free up some extra room at top that makes it look cluttered.  you could then move your health and magic bars to the middle of the screen to give it a more neat look, and maybe even create a smaller bar for your exp with an offset purple and have it centered at the bottom of the HP/MP bars with minimum space used and leave them all three setting on a background like it is now(altho you would have to change to size of the actual HP and MP bars to comply with it).

that should free of some space at top and give your GUI a more slick and clean look.  As for the color, i would experiement with some earth tones to give it that more natural and a less of a pop look that will pull your eye away from the game while playing.