Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Xbox 360 Vs. PS3

Xanvius

What are your opinons?
This is a tough one. Each console has its ups and downs. However, I would have to say the Xbox 360.

The Xbox 360 is cheaper, it also has better first person shooters, and lag free internet.

Granted, the PS3 is the leading RPG console and it has the highest graphics, as well as built in wifi (which is now supported in the Xbox 360 Kinect), a Blu-ray player, better graphics card, internet browser, and free online gaming.

The Xbox 360 is still better because of its online play, as well as the achievement system.

Now, a PS3 player will be saying "WTF mate, you just made my point also the PS3 now has trophies."

However, the Xbox 360 was the first one to have a real achievement system, not to mention originality in concepts.  The free online gaming supported by PS3 is stupid because you don't have an account to measure your ability against others, it also lags very badly most of the time.  Sure, $60 a year is still paying for online gaming, but it's $60 a year from millions of players.  That money goes towards support, servers, and improvements.

The PS3 doesn't beat the Xbox 360 because of its poor ability to match up against other players that are equivalent in ability.  It also doesn't have a lot of First Person Shooters, and when it does, the controller is not comfortable to the hands for First Person Shooters.

The Xbox 360 does not have many RPGs, in fact I can only think of a couple, but not many people play RPGs (Which, in my opinion, really sucks because I love them).  However, people play First Person Shooters, which the Xbox 360 is optimized for.

PS3 Users may say that the Kinect was stolen from the PS3's iToy, however… The iToy sucked. Get over it.  The new Playstation Move copied the Wii.  Good job.

The Xbox 360's system performance, not the greatest, but it works, does it not?

The PS3's system performance: phenominal! But what is the use of a gorgeous system if it doesn't even have great support of some of the best multiplayer video games? Let alone multiplayer durability.  It's, by far, the best for single player gaming.  However, the world is not a single player world.  We like to compete (Unless you're Karl Marx).

I think both interfaces suck.  I liked the old Xbox 360 interface.

Though, the Xbox 360 does have a better button… Like the dash board for while you are in game.  I don't like how the PS3's is.  Xbox 360 has a nice little dashboard perfect for online play: quick and to the point.

System Performance: PS3
Gaming and Multiplayer: Xbox 360
Console Design: PS3
Interface (if I had to choose one) : Xbox 360
Winner: Xbox 360

Why? It's optimized for multiplayer. You like people, don't you?

My (nerdy) father has both and I honestly think it's kind of a stupid argument. Most people who argue for Xbox 360s can't afford the PS3 and are then jealous. Someones gonna disagree with me but IDRC. I'm a PS3 gal but that's just because 1) Free internet 2) I like it more. Oh and btw, most people get the system they get for the games, the entire reason we got the 360 was so my sister/father could play Halo, and we got the PS3 so that they could play COD (w/o monthly fees) and Little Big Planet. So my opinion is I don't give a hoot cause I really don't think that it's a argument that will ever be settled.

Ps3 is cheaper not xbox

Xbox-$300  250gb
Ps3-$245  250 gb

Ps3 also has blu-ray graphics and free internet.

Ps3 also has better games Ex: Resistance killzone and uncharted

And when you said xbox has faster internet, my brother has an zbox and i have a ps3 and when we both logon the internet he get lagged off.

![](http://s0.2mdn.net/viewad/1770367/11-300x250.jpg)

It all depends on personal preference.
I'd go for PS3, for one reason and one reason  only.
I'm a Sony fan-boy, and I know and trust the stuff Sony produce.

I still own a PS, PS2 and now I've got a PS3\. Wouldn't swap them for anything.

Xbox 360.
Why?
Left 4 dead.
Better graphics.
Not a whole shit load of 8 year olds screaming OH MAH GAWD THE DIRECTOR KEEEEELLLEED MEEEEEEE!!!!
Un-hackable.(for the most part)
Microsoft points are cheaper that PSN points (Or whatever you call them)
Funner online experience.
Halo.
Indie games.

This is just a thinly disguised xbox fanboy post pretending that adding the occasional 'but the PS3 also…' makes it a fair judgement.

Both consoles are just stripped down PCs with overpriced games developed by companies that care about you even less than I do. Most gamers I know of no longer trust the big names. Their constant lies, unfounded hype and general bullshit has made the entire industry laughable.

Gaming is currently in a revolution where the indy networks (PC, XBLA, Playstation Network, etc.) are becoming the only harbour of creativity and talent.

All of your points mean fuck all when you can run these games on PS2-grade hardware. They don't eat up enough resources to warrant a good 2/3rds of that hardware you're bragging so much about.

@Becky:

> I dont give a hoot.

Lol, I just had to quote it as well. I don't own  either. :P Yeah, there fun to play once in a while. But a pc is better in my opinion. Is has a large variety of games. And you can usually find the same community that you find on the systems….Plus you can always hook up a controller to it. Ive seen some people say that the only reason they prefer the xbox or ps3 is because of the controller...WTF man, you can do the same thing with a computer. Plus, a pc you can customize the games.Either by hacks or anything else imaginable....

Actually the 250gb is $50 cheaper in the US nowadays.

I have both, but I only play my ps3 for movies and SOCOM and God of War titles.
Other than that, I find the community pretty pathetic, due to hacking, lack of highlight or talented players and the exlusives aren't that great.

Xbox 360 for me.

PC players are jokes, just saying.

@Kermit:

> Xbox 360.
> Why?
> Left 4 dead.
> Better graphics.
> Not a whole shit load of 8 year olds screaming OH MAH GAWD THE DIRECTOR KEEEEELLLEED MEEEEEEE!!!!
> Un-hackable.(for the most part)
> Microsoft points are cheaper that PSN points (Or whatever you call them)
> Funner online experience.
> Halo.
> Indie games.

Better graphic NO
Ps3 has Blu-ray

Also xbox has a ton of 8 year olds yelling at you

Funner is not a word

@Neno:

> Better graphic NO
> Ps3 has Blu-ray
>
> Also xbox has a ton of 8 year olds yelling at you
>
> Funner is not a word

If your talking about your crap blend of graphics, then that is just hilarious.
I know "Funner" isn't a word. I said it as i was typing this at about 2 AM my time, my brain was not willing to type correct grammer.
There are 8 year olds of XBL, but last time i went on my PS3 (as i have both)
I was greeted on black ops with a lobby full of 7-8 year olds screaming
"OMG THIS IS GUNNA BE SO MUCH FUNZ I JUST GOTS MAP PACKS AND WHATS"
"OMG IM DOWN YOU NEED TO RESCUE ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW"

EDIT: And must i bring up the dense amount of hackers whom ask to borrow your profile so they can download the new maps and what not for free? I have at least 50 messages in my Inbox saying
"Let me borrow your profile so i can get new map packs!!"