Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My GUI edits (more will be coming till i get it perfect)

Chukillz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin I have played your game and i have seen the things in your game. like i said you are the one who created the the game…it is the original and its great...thats why i said except for you because i have actually seen the work first hand in action.

but i am creating a game that is based towards the psychopathic juggalo people out there. the game look and feel even has to fit the name of the game. its called... The Wicked Realms, its going to be a theme that is set to a juggalo story line. based on the dark carnival and the wicked shit, killer clowns and freak shows, i am trying to get the look and feel of how it should be upon release

as for what Kusy, Beau and you say, i understand that you may think it is shitty because you know that you can a hell of a lot better then i can, but i am still learning how to do things here, im not a kid. my grammer might not be the best (as i have been told before by a few people on the site) but i do try and learn things..

@Chukillz:

> Robin I have played your game and i have seen the things in your game. like i said you are the one who created the the game…it is the original and its great...thats why i said except for you because i have actually seen the work first hand in action.

Calling people out over their advice because you haven't seen their work is just silly. You don't need to be an artist to know what's wrong with your work. These guys have been here for 5 or 6 years now. They know what they're talking about.

@Chukillz:

> but i am creating a game that is based towards the psychopathic juggalo people out there.

![](http://i.imgur.com/yE5Be.jpg)

@Chukillz:

> as for what Kusy, Beau and you say, i understand that you may think it is shitty because you know that you can a hell of a lot better then i can

Experience doesn't make other things look bad, it just gives you greater insight in to how you can articulate the problems to the artist.

In this case everyone can agree that it looks terrible. I think maybe one guy said it had potential, and he's the same guy who goes around licking the arse of everyone who posts in this section because he's more interested in getting people to like him rather than giving quality feedback.

Look Chris, people are kicking up a fuss about this not because it's so bad, but because of your very arrogant attitude towards the feedback given. There's a very fine line between knowing what you're talking about and simply being arrogant. If you cross over it people will give you shit no matter where you are in life. Same applies to this forum.

@Chukillz:

> but i am creating a game that is based towards the psychopathic juggalo people out there.

A.) That's a pretty limited group of players
B.) Do you actually know what a juggalo is?

Thing is, if you want respect round here, your work has to be perfect. Robin isn't trying to insult you, he's giving you constructive critiscism. Granted he's rather blunt about it, but there's little point arsing about saying "Well, the font isn't nice and you could make rearrange the UI… but I like it." won't get you anywhere. Case in point is, when all of Eclipse jumps on your work saying "The font is unclear and distracting" or "The colour choice is bad." as much as they're not mincing their words, they're trying to help you. Find another way around it. Claiming you have some sort of divine insight into these things and that you're better than them is idiotic.

You're making a game **for** the players, not just yourself. So it's highly advised that you listen to them.

ok, well i apologize, not really sure what else to say besides that, i guess when i sit back and look at all of the things i have said then yeah you could say that it is being very arrogant, im sorry guys, im not really sure what to say about any thing else.

> A.) That's a pretty limited group of players
> B.) Do you actually know what a juggalo is?

Yes i know what a juggalo is, and there are more people then you could suspect, i have been down with the clown for about 15 years.

And just for future references, even if your not a juggalo you can play the game if you want,

@Chukillz:

> ok, well i apologize, not really sure what else to say besides that, i guess when i sit back and look at all of the things i have said then yeah you could say that it is being very arrogant, im sorry guys, im not really sure what to say about any thing else.

I know what you mean. Eclipse can come across as judgemental and arrogant sometimes. Generally because some of Eclipse thinks that because Robin posts funny things sometimes, it's okay for them to try and recreate that. Most of the time they get it wrong and end up insulting people. It's fostered a pretty negative aura, as you've just seen. But we're trying to help. If you don't agree with someone's ideas, just try it. You never know, you might just like the end result.

@Shaunfroggydog:

> Ironic that someone tried to discredit my advice by saying I have no aesthetic sense. I have the exact artistic personality that does.

That someone would be me you unassertive dipshit.
I could take the time to tell you how soaked with idiocy your post was, but I'm not going to. Because clearly anyone who says that his first edit had a lot of style and then spill nonsense about him having an artistic personality is either a great troll or a full scale ballsack.

You're a douchefag. How ironic.

@Bonk:

> Eclipse can come across as judgemental and arrogant sometimes. Generally because some of Eclipse thinks that because Robin posts funny things sometimes, it's okay for them to try and recreate that. Most of the time they get it wrong and end up insulting people.

Too bad both me and Kreator were here before Robin became your king and queen, Kreator was already flaming people before Robin posted for the first time with the "Robin" account with one of the first people he tried to flame was me because he was convinced that I used direct map rips from Zelda in a map contest. Some time after I became the cynical dick I am now and started doing pretty much the same thing he does. So that's ducking Eclipse history for you champ.

Additionally, Kreator has every right to tell people if their graphics are shit, because he's probably better at doing them than any still active member here (except for me of course, but as an incredibly modest person, I won't mention that).

As for you Chukillz. Again, stop getting sad over few unpleasant words and go back to doing your thing until you get it right. Post your work when you do something, take it like a man when not everyone likes what you did…

Or assume that we don't have your "exact artistic personality that does" have an aesthetic sense. Like some brain-dead monkeys here do.

@Kusy:

> Too bad both me and Kreator were insulting people here before Robin became your king and queen, Kreator was already flaming people before Robin posted for the first time with the "Robin" account with one of the first people he tried to flame was me because he was convinced that I used direct map rips from Zelda in a map contest. So that's ducking Eclipse history for you champ.

Polish grammar is best grammar.

i am trying to do something different that might actually be better…the look, the feel, everything if going to look totally different from what i started with...it might look a bit weird looking at first until i get things right...i will just post the new results as i get them all done. It will look nothing like what you all have seen

@Kusy:

> Too bad both me and Kreator were here before Robin became your king and queen, Kreator was already flaming people before Robin posted for the first time with the "Robin" account with one of the first people he tried to flame was me because he was convinced that I used direct map rips from Zelda…
> Additionally, Kreator has every right to tell people if their graphics are shit, because he's probably better at doing them than any still active member here (except for me of course, but as an incredibly modest person, I won't mention that).

No-one has the right, as such, to flame anyone. Just because you've been around for a while longer than some people and view yourself as better than them doesn't mean you are. We all start somewhere, that's part of the reason we have these forums. That's also the reason that half the Eclipse Community acts the way it does. Get off your high horse and earn some respect before expecting it.

well to be honest with you bonk…after every single comment (good or bad) they made me look at my GUI and say you know this could look way better then this shit...if everyone of them was to say hey that looks good i would just say..hey everyone else likes it so im not going to change much...but if they say damn this looks like shit, then it would make me take a look at my work and say ok what can i do to make these people like it...so all in all when you truely look at it then it does help...no matter how much you dont want to hear it...the truth hurts