Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Advanced doors, keys, and switches (v 3.0)

RyokuHasu

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
This is a complicated tutorial, make a back up copy of your game before you try and add this, it works, but only if you do it right.

@iHero:

> Hm, pretty cool. But it is basic …
> I was working on one, I'm going to edit it.
>
> -pic-

Well good luck with that.

Hey I was wondering what I could change so when I open a door with a key I don't have to have it equiped? I would like to use my item type key but can't cause it only works with items worn.. any suggestions would be great :)

• 2 weeks later...
So I did this and after ironing out the errors I'd get (Forgot some lines of code) I finally got it working… somewhat. I try and use the door and it says "You need the right kind of key to open this door.(*Insert item I set as key here*)". Ok thats good, but the bad thing is I _HAVE_ the item in my inventory, and it's not taking it. o.o Is there something I'm missing here?

No it's set to something; I ran it with setting nothing as the key and it gave me RTE9 "Subscript out of range", but with something set as the key it just says I don't have the key. I've run through all the coding multiple times and I cant seem to find a place where I may have messed up putting it in.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Ryoku, your door system looks cool.

I was wondering, you declare your MAX_DOORS As Byte = 255, that means there can only be 255 doors/lock in the whole game?

If provided a big enough game and 255 doors is insufficient, the general idea would be to change to MAX_DOORS to an Integer = 512, for example?

Just wondering where the adjustments would have to take place to expand your system.

Thanx! :)

• 1 month later...
@Gleech:

> So I did this and after ironing out the errors I'd get (Forgot some lines of code) I finally got it working… somewhat. I try and use the door and it says "You need the right kind of key to open this door.(*Insert item I set as key here*)". Ok thats good, but the bad thing is I _HAVE_ the item in my inventory, and it's not taking it. o.o Is there something I'm missing here?

I have same problem as him