Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for input on Internal Clock/Calendar

Scott

Looking for input on what to add, I have a couple questions in general but feel free to suggest anything. This is a server only for now, couldn't decide where to place the time on the client.

Questions
1.Where/how would you want the time to be displayed on the client.
2.What kind of things would you like the task manager to do (Task Manager = Actions that happen on certain date/after certain amount of in game time)

![](http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8821/serverexample.png)

@Scott:

> 1.Where/how would you want the time to be displayed on the client.

No thanks.

> 2.What kind of things would you like the task manager to do (Task Manager = Actions that happen on certain date/after certain amount of in game time)

Don't feel offended, but for me, EO's server is pretty cool the way it is.

honestly when i saw the thread it made me think of the calander in wow, or something similar.  why have server time be something other than a reliable time that everyone else could releate to.  ie meet me here at 4.  and they show at 4:05.  could get anoying.  next time who knows what it is and so on.  whats the point of a clock and calander that dont show the correct time and date?

having a time and date is just fine if you ask me.  just put it somewere that suits, but the adjustments for the time arnt necissary.  just do like robin said.  use server time.  solves all those things i said above.

however something that showed a calander server and client side.  just because you may not know or be around to login on the client, or want to.  to see what is happening or been changed on the calander.  if you had one more like wows calander were staff could add events, and maybe guild leaders or something.

It was designed to be faster or slower than normal time, thus the adjustable Seconds per Minute. I had no intention of this being a current calender. I could not find any other way to accomplish this accurately except for an internal clock like this.