Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cube World (Voxel Based, Random Terrain RPG)

SawQuart

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Eckhart:

> Not a fan of the new obsidian weapons. I think going with obsidian makes it look more like minecraft… Though I am excited for the other new equipments!

Lolwat.

Obsidian is a naturally occurring volcanic glass. How did Minecraft make that up?

@MrMiguu:

> However, I do agree that it having obsidian seems a bit unoriginal and similar to Minecraft.

That was the point I was trying to make. I didn't mean to say obsidian is something that can only ever be used by minecraft.

@Jungle:

> The obsidian appears to make the players glow. I think this is more like Terraria's lava equipment than Minecraft's obsidian. I hate comparing all voxel games to each other, but I just wanted to point that out.

Hellstone set doesn't make you glow anymore. Now all that happens is a trail of fire particles follows you.

@Jungle:

> The obsidian appears to make the players glow. I think this is more like Terraria's lava equipment than Minecraft's obsidian. I hate comparing all voxel games to each other, but I just wanted to point that out.

You should, especially since they lack fucking creativity.

Nah. I'm talking about this in general. To be honest, I'm not that excited about this, it does wear Minecraft stigma, and sorry… but saying this is Zelda inspired... how exactly because he used Link's sprite as an early placeholder?

Zelda always meant for me 3 things:
1\. Simple, yet engaging story.
2\. Certain type of gameplay.
3\. Amazing level design that actually made that gameplay.

This game has nothing in common with Zelda as I see it now. It lacks any kind of story as it's about randomly generated quests, it's gameplay has nothing to do with Zelda, unless you mean walking and using items... but then it has just as much in common with Dragon Age. It does not involve any kind of level design as it's build in a randomly generated world that lacks design for a principle.

To me it looks like a random-world JRPG. And I don't like both - JRPSs and random world generated games.