Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Online ???

gregnator

Like people know, im more of a 2.7 ee guy..

anways i got eo2.0 but there a few things bothering me..

in EE you could change the server ip from 1.92.168 bla bla to your real ip so that people put your real ip in their game they can connect..

But ican only change the port of my server how do i change my servers ip?

oh btw when people wana play the game and the server is down it says visit touchofdeathforums..

i want to change it to my own website..

i dont need big tutorials just say where it is and i'll find it.

its really important for me

Your server IP is the IP of the computer your hosting it on. In order for clients to connect to it, they must connect through a specific gateway (PORT) your PC (IP address). You must give your players your IP address for them to connect. In order to connect to your own server, you must use your local IP address which is usually 127.0.0.1\. For others to connect, they must use your public IP address. To find out what it is, you can either check it in CMD, or google 'whats my public IP address'. Also, you have to have your port forwarded to allow connections to your server.

Yes, it is complicated to people new to it, so if little of this makes sense to you, and you can't figure it out, look for some proper tutorials.

**Remember, you can't change the address of your server. If your wondering how to 'save' your public IP address in the client before distribution, there should be an .ini file in the client directory where you can record it in for them.**

ok thats answered but how do i change the text when the server is oflline

for example: A friend has a copy of the game, he cant connect and gets the text: "try again later or visit http://www.touchofdeathforums.com" how do i change it so when he cant connect it pops up with My website?

@Ryoku:

> you dont, go to IP chicken and take that IP and put it into your Config.ini for the client.
>
> it will connect.
>
> (was post ninja'd)

I want to use No-ip and i cant connect to my server with the no-ip ip.. whilst the no-ip ip is just masking my real ip..

the reason i dont want to let everyone know the real ip is for turkish hackers or normal hackers

@Captain:

> the reason i dont want to let everyone know the real ip is for turkish hackers or normal hackers

They'll be able to find out what your real IP is anyway. If you don't want anyone knowing your IP, don't host a server. All I have to do is check my connections in ipconfig when I'm on your server and I'll see your IP address.

@Captain:

> I want to use No-ip and i cant connect to my server with the no-ip ip.. whilst the no-ip ip is just masking my real ip..
>
> the reason i dont want to let everyone know the real ip is for turkish hackers or normal hackers

OR, you can change it in the Source Code. If you really don't want anyone to see your ip, just change it in the source code. Couldn't be easier.

ok you guys managed to answer my question but my other question is really important for me

when people wana play the game and the server is down it says visit touchofdeathforums..

i want to change it to my own website..

i dont need big tutorials just say where it is and i'll find it.

its really important for me