Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do i download?

moonfower322

ummm eclipse is not a game you connect to and play… it is an engine for you to make your own game.

you have to run server.exe, and then configure everything so your client.exe can connect to your server. read the tutorial section on how to setup eclipse.

moon there is no "Eclipse"…. there are games that people have made by using the eclipse program. If you want to play a completed game you have to go to the specific project and download thier client. Otherwise if you download EO, you are downloading a blank template if you will so you can create your own game. EO is basically an EMPTY skeleton.

First you need to start up the server (Server.exe, located in the Server folder) when that went without trouble you'll open up Eclipse Origins.exe (located in the Client folder). If you made an account, log in, if you didn't make a new one.

If your client is able to make contact with your server (as in, your server is opened and not blocked by your firewall) then log in. After you did so then just continue with Step 7\. So just go to the 'Players' tab of your server, right click your own character and pick 'Make Admin'.

If all goes well, you'll receive a message in your game that says that you received Admin powers. Then press 'Insert' to start editing and/or adding things to your game.

@moonfower322:

> ok, got it, but on step 7 on souls link i dont know how to start making my game?????

What don't you specifically understand about step 7? You need to first make yourself an admin so that you can access the editors and make maps. After that you just play around with it.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Download WinRar Here: [http://www.win-rar.com/download.html](http://www.win-rar.com/download.html)
Now Download the Main Download Here: [http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/eclipse/downloads.php](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/eclipse/downloads.php)

Make sure to put it on your desktop.

Make a Folder on your Desktop. Name the Folder the name of what your Game will Be. For Example: My Game

Now Put the File you Downloaded into The Folder. Now go into the Folder. Now Right Click on the Downloaded File you just Got. And Click on Extract Here. Once it is Finished, Go ahead and Delete the Orriginal File you "Extracted Here" From.

Now go into the Server Folder. Run the Server.
Back out and go to the Client Folder. Run the Client.
Now Register an Account. Login the Account. Now Once your in the Game, Go ahead and bring up your Server Box. (The Thing that pops up when you run the Server File.)

If you cannot find the Server File because you minimized it, Look in the bottom right where your connection, Norton, or any of those little applications are. Check in there and look for a Icon of a Server. Double click on it to open up the Server Window again.

Now click on Players List. Right Click on your Name. Make Admin.

Now your done. You can create your Game =)

Edit: When you go back to the game (the client). Type in the chat box "/admin" to bring up the admin box on the right of the screen. The rest is self explanitory. if you cannot figure it out I suggest looking at the Tutorials on Mapping etc.

Here, This is a bit of a outdated Video. But it shows basicaly what you need to know. It is VERY simple. If you cannot sit through watching this video, and show any improvements over 1 hour. I suggest you "Play" Games instead. as it is much easier.

Or, you could hire someone to make the game for you, Thats always a option. Although i must have forgoten which forum area that is in =D.

(Excuse my Iddiocy, ive been up for a while. Had A Wonderfuly Horrible Day…)