Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with graphics memory

Asgarith

ive recently bought a new PC, with i5 2300 processor and this cames with intel hd graphics 1500 (which i guess it sucks). Now the problem is that when i hit Ctrl+Alt+F12 it opens the intel graphics properties and in the info window it says:
Minimum Graphics Memory: 256 mb
Maximum Graphics Memory: 1525 mb
Graphics Memory in use: 82 mb

now, how the hell my graphics memory in use is less than the minimum? and how can i increase it? i have 4gb of ram and i have to give away 1gb to get more video ram i would totally make it, but idk how :( i tried entering to BIOS but i didnt understood a thing(ASrock UEFI BIOS).
I just wanna play Skyrim xD

regards
Cap'n Bunneh

@Robin:

> @Anna:
>
> > Why don't you just play Skyrim instead of worrying about an arbitrary number displayed during idle time?

Also, UEFI-firmware isn't the same as BIOS-firmware. If there is a notion of BIOS-firmware being present, then it's emulated by the UEFI-firmware.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

• 2 weeks later...
god but i really dont get it, skyrim is unrunable so i bought the game pointlessly but hows this possible?
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 256 MB 1.5 GB
Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.1
Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.1
from what i know, 1500 mb is more than 256…

i tried this with 2 games, Terraria and Lineage 2
Terraria needed 128 mb and it aproved it.
Lineage 2 needed 32 mb and it didnt approve it.
it has a problem with 3D?

Edit: and also idk if rely on that page, because in League of Legends, it tells me im below the minimum, but when playing i get 60 fps without shadows and 40+ with detailed shadows.

since im a noob idk what an onboard is but, but i have the integrated graphics that came with my i5 processor, intel hd 1500 and a new video card in my country would be 4x times more expensive than in the US and before spending $500 in a video card i want to know if theres actually a way to improve this one without buying a new one.

Also, if you haven't already, go to http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/ and download any performance mods you can find.  And make sure you have the latest drivers for your Intel Graphics.
At the very least this will make low settings playable for you.

It's a lot better if you just get an actual video card, instead of the Intel on-board chipset you currently have. An AMD Radeon HD 6870 ought to be sufficient for almost every game (I can't think of any that isn't, but I want to stay on safe grounds here). The price should be between £120 and £160, which isn't that expensive for a GPU.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

Pretty much. Games require 3D acceleration. To get the required amount of power for a high-end release you need a dedicated card.

Either spend the money on a graphics card or do what we all did when we were dirt poor - ZSNES netplay Battle Toads and play some old classics until you're in a position to play newer releases.

When I first played Oblivion 7 years ago I needed to run a patch which turned off all pixel shaders. It looked like arse. Still played the shit out of it.

thanks for the replys, its possible that my mom goes to the US soon and maybe she will buy me a video card, it all depends on school. for now i found i can play Sims 3 pretty well, but i dont like it anyways. but i can play Killing Floor, minecraft, LoL, MU and vindictus. so i can stay entertained for a while.

Edit: im looking at the prizes of the AMD Radeon HD 6870 and i notice they someone say sapphire, ASUS  and othes. It may sound noobish, but i have to find an ASRock one? since i have that UEFI?