Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PC Performance

DovahTech

Hey there Eclipse, I was wandering. How do you get the best performance out of your PC. I know there are a lot of tips and tricks out there. But I thought, why not ask the people at Eclipse? Most of you are more than capable with a computer. So what do you guys know? How do you get the best out of your PC?  Thanks,  D.T

Okay thanks for replying so quickly. Another thing is. What's the quickest way to clean up your system? My computer didn't come with a restore to factory settings disk and It takes quite a while to remove each program manually. Is there any tips, tricks or software involved? D.T

@Zonova:

> I usually just run through Program Files, and delete programs i don't like

That won't remove the entries in the registry. Even worse, some programmes don't have everything stored within the same folder, or even the same partition.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

@Robin:

> Torrent Windows 7\. Install it.
>
> Don't let shit pile up again.
>
> I format every few months just to keep a clean slate.

I only use Microsoft Windows a few times a month or so, so it's pretty much a non-issue. The only reason I have it installed is because I have to support other people who do use Microsoft Windows, and to play the games of developers that are too careless about other, actual, operating systems.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

@S.J.R.:

> I only use Microsoft Windows a few times a month or so, so it's pretty much a non-issue. The only reason I have it installed is because I have to support other people who do use Microsoft Windows, and to play the games of developers that are too careless about other, actual, operating systems.
>
> Yours faithfully
>   Stephan.

People who use Linux are usually cheap bastards when it comes to handing over money for software. I have no interest in releasing anything for them. :P

@Robin:

> People who use Linux are usually cheap bastards when it comes to handing over money for software. I have no interest in releasing anything for them. :P

I hear that about people who download torrents too…

@Robin:

> People who use Linux are usually cheap bastards when it comes to handing over money for software. I have no interest in releasing anything for them. :P

That depends on your company's statue, really. I actually do purchase and pay the full price for the majority of games I like. Even though, the majority of those games doesn't have native Linux support. There are three kind of users though: people who swear by GNU-software, and therefore by free software; people who torrent everything they like; people who actually buy software they like (and eventually try it out by torrenting, since the majority of developers don't release demos any more).

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

@S.J.R.:

> That depends on your company's statue, really. I actually do purchase and pay the full price for the majority of games I like. Even though, the majority of those games doesn't have native Linux support. There are three kind of users though: people who swear by GNU-software, and therefore by free software; people who torrent everything they like; people who actually buy software they like (and eventually try it out by torrenting, since the majority of developers don't release demos any more).
>
> Yours faithfully
>   Stephan.

Lul. I was semi-joking. As bad as Crystalshire's engine is, I've put about 7 years of work in to it so I'm emotionally attached to it now.

I can't just throw it in to the wild now. If the mother finds it with my scent on it she'll kill it.

Download windows 7 and put it on a disc. Then grab the biggest magnet you have, wipe it over your hard drive a few times, boot up your computer and reinstall windows 7\. Granted it will destroy everything you have on the computer, so back up the important stuff.

@Eckhart:

> Download windows 7 and put it on a disc. Then grab the biggest magnet you have, wipe it over your hard drive a few times, boot up your computer and reinstall windows 7\. Granted it will destroy everything you have on the computer, so back up the important stuff.

![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/annacomnena/silly/reactions/kagami_smile.jpg)