Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Updater for the Eclipse Engine

shylor

Most you know creating a game can be tough, but the harder issue is keeping your players updated with the latest images, music, and other small files it takes to make a game on here. Some of you create a new download every few days hoping that your users will download it, or be out of date with errors.

My small team has been working on a solution to these issues. We are excited to announce Angmon Updater. Angmon Updater is a customizable updater for simple windows games, like those built on the Eclipse Engine.

[Get Angmon Updater](http://angmon.com/updater/)

We will be giving out 3 free copies. To get one of these copies tell us why your game needs this!

![](http://angmon.com/updater/assets/screenshot.png)

It looks like a really solid updater. On the other hand there is a variety of free options.

I could see people buying it to save themselves the work. $15 really isnt a lot of money once you have a job. I would want the source code though. I am not sure if you provide that.

What really concerns me is that it says save 70% for a limited time.  I think the updater may be worth it at 15\. Any more and it just becomes ridiculous.

ill be releasing my own updater soon, the main steps involve going onto a website, pressing download and then copying the new files across

im gonna charge $80 for it though

@Spork:

> ill be releasing my own updater soon, the main steps involve going onto a website, pressing download and then copying the new files across
>
> im gonna charge $80 for it though

If it were anything less I would call it a steal! ;)

We understand if you are not interested. We have a few servers that are looking into deploying this and we will see how they do. We spent 5 hours yesterday with a guy that hosted 5 different games for others and he was pretty excited about it.