Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Giant Title

madyotto

dam my poor reading ability lol

ok so now the problem is that i want a good stable version to add the things i need to but i read so many posts over the last few weeks and im struggling to find them using the search function

for my project i would need/have

to set the max :
1\. NPC'S per map = 100 (done)
2\. max drop amount =50,000 for gold to drop of mobs as they can only drop 255 of any item (not found/ struggling)

also:
3\. mouse movement (found)= http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,75971.0.html

4\. projectiles (found a few plz suggest a good stable version)(IT'S no big one for me this just to use for one class if i end up making a rouge class)

5\. lighting boss frame work (Cant find but read many references to it)

6\. class defines npc's aggro range when in attack on sight (this is a request im sure it doesn't exist )

few others but these have been found

could someone plz point me in the direction of the Tut's i fail to find
any other help would be epic
PS. i dont want it all doing for me just to learn
(let the racehorse out of the blocks before asking him to jump lol)

(DAM my dyspraxia lol)

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,75901.0.html

here is a list all work here unless you see this * (to my understanding)

just dive in head first and start doing a couple you will find that most are super easy and most you can edit to your needs… make backups of your work in case you mess up though =)

this is fantastic i should now be able to compile a full working version of what i had in mind
Leaving only these to find

1\. max drop amount =50,000 for gold to drop of mobs as they can only drop 255 of any item (not found/ struggling)

2\. lighting boss frame work (Cant find but read many references to it)

3\. class defines npc's aggro range when in attack on sight (this is a request im sure it doesn't exist )
(for this i have a friend who knows vb6 reasonably well but pointers on where source needs to be edited are VERY much welcome)

(#NEW added request EASY one i should think)
4\. because i plan on having AOE based maps some with an epic 100 NPC's i really need a faster way to add them in the map_properties editor

so far i have managed to make the map npc box so we can select multiple map npc numbers

however i now need a quick edit to the code so that all selected numbers have the same npc when selected in the npc drop down box
hope i made this last step as understandable as possible

thanks for any further assistance and to JUSTIN for being very nice and helping me lots

@madyotto:

> 1\. max drop amount =50,000 for gold to drop of mobs as they can only drop 255 of any item (not found/ struggling)

Client side,
open frmEditor_NPC
Select the scroll bar beside value: 0
Scroll down in the properties until you see "Max 255"
Change the max to 50 000

@madyotto:

> 1\. max drop amount =50,000 for gold to drop of mobs as they can only drop 255 of any item (not found/ struggling)

Just change the maximum on the scroll bar and compile. I am almost sure that it will work. Just note that you can't put it above 32767.

@madyotto:

> 2\. lighting boss frame work (Cant find but read many references to it)

[Please try googling first.](http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Atouchofdeathforums.com+lightning%27s+boss+battle+framework) I found [this as the second link](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=71638.0) and another page of the topic was the second link.

@madyotto:

> 3\. class defines npc's aggro range when in attack on sight (this is a request im sure it doesn't exist )
> (for this i have a friend who knows vb6 reasonably well but pointers on where source needs to be edited are VERY much welcome)

Go to NpcRec. Find how the range is set (hint hint: Range As Byte). Find out where else Range is used (find .Range). Determine which ones are for NPCs (there's only 5 in all, so it shouldn't be hard). Find out that it's in UpdateMapLogic server-side (n = Npc(npcNum).Range). Change it so that if the class is a warrior it is "spotted" first by increasing n (n = n + GetPlayerClass(i) would give players that have a higher class number a higher aggressiveness).

@madyotto:

> (#NEW added request EASY one i should think)
> 4\. because i plan on having AOE based maps some with an epic 100 NPC's i really need a faster way to add them in the map_properties editor
>
> so far i have managed to make the map npc box so we can select multiple map npc numbers
>
> however i now need a quick edit to the code so that all selected numbers have the same npc when selected in the npc drop down box
> hope i made this last step as understandable as possible

Please do not decide what is easy. The people who answer your question will decide what is easy. (But yeah, this isn't hard at all.)

There's several ways to do this. The best way would be to allow Multiple Selection (see the MultiSelect property, and if you do, set it to Extended because it will make it much easier than Simple). You could then loop through the entire list, and if it is selected, set it appropriately. The following code is a quick sketch on how one could do that.

**WARNING: the following code is untested, highly dangerous, and possibly radioactive. Please use with caution and make a backup before proceeding!**

Find:
```
    ' make sure it's not a clear
    If Not cmbNpc.List(cmbNpc.ListIndex) = "No NPC" Then
        npcNum = CLng(Left$(tmpString(0), Len(tmpString(0)) - 1))
        Map.Npc(lstNpcs.ListIndex + 1) = npcNum
    Else
        Map.Npc(lstNpcs.ListIndex + 1) = 0
    End If

```
and replace it with:
```
    Else
        npcNum = 0
    End If

For x = 1 To lstNpcs.ListCount
        If lstNpcs.Selected(x) Then
        End If
    Next

```
Usage directions:
Click to select initial one.
Control-Click to select another one.
Click and then shift-click to select everything in between and including the two slots you clicked.

1\. brilliant (appoligies to jimmy93 for doubting ya lol)
Just note that you can't put it above 32767.  < (this was my main query)

2\. MY bad failed to read it properly 24 year's old and still struggle at not missing lines when reading lol
(that's dyspraxia for ya)

it is actually in the tut list that was linked above how i failed to spot this i would love to know
(Ps. Google is my best friend it just didn't occur to me that it would show let alone be on the first page :P)

3\. out of my league lol (pall88) has some work to do when he gets home pmsl :P
but thanks makes much more sense now

4.very nice i am going to try these right now first off i will try NUM 4\. as this is the untested bit and easier to debug if needed with no added Tut's lol :P

EPIC THANKS TO : JUSTIN, JIMMY93, and even bigger thanks to SOUL for the work he did

(PS the statement said:  it should be (easy)
i wouldn't of put a request in if i hadn't had 2 friends suggest it can be done and say it shouldn't be to hard

but your all very kind im hardly the most competent but as i say we all start somewhere

dam having a disabillity would love to be able to learn VB properly

I've seen that some fix the problem with this, **but I'm not sure if this works:**

Replace:
```
    Else
        npcNum = 0
    End If

For x = 1 To lstNpcs.ListCount
        End If
    Next
```
With:

```
    Else
        npcNum = 0
    End If

For x = 1 To lstNpcs.ListCount - 1
        End If
    Next
```

@madyotto:

> have i done something wrong or is it the code ?

It's the code. Erwin's fix is (mostly) good. Just needs a small change to fix his fix, replace what he gave you with this:
```
    Else
        npcNum = 0
    End If

For x = 1 To MAX_MAP_NPCS
        If lstNpcs.Selected(x - 1) Then
            Map.Npc(x) = npcNum
        End If
    Next

```
That should sort any error/disfunction you get with it, but I'll test it when I get the chance. **Make sure that you set the MultiSelect property of the listbox to _Extended_ if you haven't already.**

EDIT: fixed some things with the code. It looks cleaner now and it's faster.

> . Make sure that you set the MultiSelect property of the listbox to Extended if you haven't already.

CHECK this was done on simple before the code request :P 

> Just needs a small change to fix his fix

im on it right now cheers for the support guys

for some reason after my first attempt at this it had stopped showing that it has selected the new mobs untill you click ok send all highlighted mobs are on map and when i go back to editor properties all mobs show in the npc list box as they should lol but its fine i can use it and it will save me uber time

@madyotto:

> for some reason after my first attempt at this it had stopped showing that it has selected the new mobs untill you click ok send all highlighted mobs are on map and when i go back to editor properties all mobs show in the npc list box as they should lol but its fine i can use it and it will save me uber time

Sorry, I understood what you were saiyan (I think), but I wasn't able to replicate this on my copy (or on a default copy). As long as it works for you.

Also, can you please stop double posting? (Posting twice in a row.) We have an edit button for that.

@Jimmy93:

> Client side,
> open frmEditor_NPC
> Select the scroll bar beside value: 0
> Scroll down in the properties until you see "Max 255"
> Change the max to 50 000

I'm pretty sure the scroll bars have a maximum of around 32,700 about as much as interger data can max at.

> this whole topic is resolved. T_T

not quite true

i have a problem with adding two cirtain Tut's together

SEE HERE \/
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,78675.0.html

huge thanks TO :

JUSTN
Soul
Jimmy93
Erwin
Kenny                IM LEARNING SO MUCH AND I ENJOY TOO :)

@madyotto:

> SEE HERE \/
> http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,78675.0.html

We'll keep that in the other topic and say that this topic, just not all your questions, are resolved. ;)

As for that question I'll get on it soon; I don't believe there will be any problems.