Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thoughts on HeroCloud

Jumbofile

http://www.heroengine.com/herocloud/

Thats what it is. They really change the site since the last time i was there. Its basically a indi version of Hero Engine which costs thousands of dollars.

EDIT: Hero Engine cots the thousands of dollars not hero cloud. Thought id be more specific.

• 3 weeks later...
@GeminiXcastorm:

> after i learn python that is … years from now

Python is simple as shit, try weeks from now.

It seems cool, but without any sort of scripting feature(didn't see one) it seems like fun but not really simple.

@Eckhart:

> Python is simple as shit, try weeks from now.
>
> It seems cool, but without any sort of scripting feature(didn't see one) it seems like fun but not really simple.

http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Main_Page

It uses HSL - Hero Scripting Language if im not mistaken on the name.

Only reason i know about it was because I was looking into it then figured I wouldn't be able to find a team. Scripting and most of the systems they have tutorials and a community that has posted some for you to use. As for the 3d models, I would have to either learn 3d modeling, which i suck at art, or pay for a lot of 3d models, or find a 3d modler that would work for free.

@Mr.:

> If you can't make a 2D game with eclipse…

^ this.

building half decent 3d games without a heavy comp science or 3d modeling background is nightmarish, even with great software.

The software might be brilliant, but every rock, every tree, every flower has to be drawn, every character weighted, textured, imported (which can be anything but simple sometimes) and then lit in the environment.

There is a reason good 3d games cost serious dollars to make. And as far as low graphics quality 3d games go, unless you're idea is the next minecraft don't bother.