Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite classic game

deathtaker26

So I just found my old NES in the back of my closet and I wanted to hook it up to my TV but I realized I only have The legends of zelda II,super mario bros/duck hunt., and super mario bros 3\. So I'm going to order off of ebay a few NES games, I ask: What was your favorite classic game for the NES?

>NES.
Meh.

I have no favourite classic game, but I do have favourite classic games:
- Monkey Island 1, 2 (Amiga/MS-DOS) and 3 (Windows).
- Super Frog (Amiga).
- Gobliiins 1, 2 and 3 (Amiga/MS-DOS).
- Time Keepers (Amiga).
- Chaos Engine (Amiga).
- Die Siedler (Settlers) 1 to 7 (Amiga, MS-DOS, Windows).
- Command & Conquer up to Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge (MS-DOS, Windows).

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

First Castlevania sucks, Aeri. Sorry to say. Linear and no interesting gameplay elements + the worst jump physics in platform game history. Castlevania 2 atleast had the RPG exploration elements, and 3 had the cool character switching. I think the Castlevania series is generally overrated, though. Especially the newer ones with the stupid animu goth tripe.

Ninja Gaiden is the superior action platform of the era.

@Becky: yeah that was a good game, although I liked the more exploratory adventure elements of the first NES TMNT game.

Oh wow I used to play Wilderness on a crappy Apple 2 compatible. That's the one where you crash in the mountains and have to find your way to a ranger station, right?

I don't think I ever made it. I always wind up running toward that huge mountain and trying to climb to the top of it, just to fall and break my leg or get mauled by a bear.

I suppose it is, never really got the point of the game back then. As was shown that I usually ended up dying in starvation or other lame deaths. I recently started playing again, a bit nostalgic to see it again and much more fun, mostly because now I do understand what the duck I'm doing :P

Yeah… something I liked about games back then, the command driven ones required you to learn basic comprehension and problem solving. Now adays it's point cursor at well-highlighted object on screen, press action button or whatever contextual button that appears all over your screen at the time.

anyone ever play the sands of time?

Karataka was freaking awesome… all tho half the time i went running right into them, or bowed just as they kicked me in the face!

god anna the tmnt game was freaking hard!!!!!! and ninja gaiden you were god if you could beat that!

old games actually required skill unlike games of today!

@Anna:

> First Castlevania sucks, Aeri. Sorry to say. Linear and no interesting gameplay elements + the worst jump physics in platform game history. Castlevania 2 atleast had the RPG exploration elements, and 3 had the cool character switching. I think the Castlevania series is generally overrated, though. Especially the newer ones with the stupid animu goth tripe.

How dare you!?

This being the only one I bothered to play, I can definitely say it's awesome, but more because it's difficult. I liked the head-scratching, 'what the fork do I do next' gameplay and I just couldn't put it down. Maybe it's me being weird or just viewing it with rose-tinted nostalgia - I just still loved it.

Its not NES, nor would some of you count it as classic, but this was my first video game, and to me it is the all time best game ever. I have never played a game that I found more challenging. I am in love with the original "Rayman"

![](http://image.dosgamesarchive.com/screenshots/rayman2.gif)

@Becky:

> Games today are all about graphics and implementing as many cheat codes as possible. Needless to say, they make 100's of time more money and recognition then any of the NES game makers.

Umm I had a game Genie for my nes and I had a 20 page book of cheat codes :)

nes - contra, metroid, river city ransom
commodore 64 - gunship, jetboot jack
dos - quest for glory, space quest, police quest, kings quest, gabrial knight, legend of kyrandia
arcade - zookeeper
atari - combat, frogger, pitfall, mousetrap (believe was on coleco vision)

and probably more ive forgotten

@Becky:

> This:
> ![](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bc/TMNT2boxNES.jpg/250px-TMNT2boxNES.jpg)

actuallly, i forgot to mention, I have this one and TMNT II xD

@Justn:

> Umm I had a game Genie for my nes and I had a 20 page book of cheat codes :)

Have it too

Also I'm going to m grandparents on saturday and I forgot that they have a whole cabinet of NES games, ill tell you all everything I find, there are also nintendo powers from when they first started… I mean BINDERS FULL of nintendo power