Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Improvement suggestions

Scythe

It can touch the sides if you want it to, just that tiles are usually 32x32 pixels. It's pretty much up to you.
Also, don't save as BMP, save as PNG or GIF instead.
Make a quick edit of yours (black one) ![](http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo216/LukinT1/15.png)
Having a good contrasted outline is good when it's supposed to be for games, it has to stand out from everything else.
A few more shades doesn't hurt either.

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=78948.msg846695#msg846695 date=1332596595]
> It's really not good to listen to the people on this forum. They don't know what they are talking about.
> Don't save as a GIF though.

I dont know where else to go and i need the help….

@Lukin:

> It can touch the sides if you want it to, just that tiles are usually 32x32 pixels. It's pretty much up to you.
> Also, don't save as BMP, save as PNG or GIF instead.
> Make a quick edit of yours (black one) ![](http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo216/LukinT1/15.png)
> Having a good contrasted outline is good when it's supposed to be for games, it has to stand out from everything else.
> A few more shades doesn't hurt either.

i saved it as a bmp because thats how the others are saved…

@LordKronos:

> I dont know where else to go and i need the help….
>
> i saved it as a bmp because thats how the others are saved...

BMP -> loads slow, big file
PNG -> loads fast, small file

Use BMP for your game, but don't post BMP on the forums, instead use PNG. It's to reduce lag and some people can't see BMP(I don't know why).

Scythe looks okay, but it does need more contrasting/defined colors.

@ViciousDead:

> BMP -> loads slow, big file
> PNG -> loads fast, small file
>
> Use BMP for your game, but don't post BMP on the forums, instead use PNG. It's to reduce lag and some people can't see BMP(I don't know why).
>
> Scythe looks okay, but it does need more contrasting/defined colors.

oh sorry i was not aware i was only supposed to upload .png ill try and change it when i get home

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=78948.msg846695#msg846695 date=1332596595]
> It's really not good to listen to the people on this forum. They don't know what they are talking about.
> Don't save as a GIF though.

Mind enlightening us as to why you shouldn't save it as GIF? And you could also help OP if you do know more. :)

@Lukin:

> A few more shades doesn't hurt either.

A "few more shades" does actually hurt. In fact, it'll hurt quite a bit on a image of this size. Color count can have a huge effect on readability. The less colors the more basic an object is right? Well the more basic an object is the easier it is to tell what it is. Make sure that you only include colors that are _absolutely necessary_ to the piece itself.

www.pixeljoint.com
www.wayofthepixel.net

Both are great places for critique. Before you go to those places for critique you'll have to have much more than just 1 item. Most topics on those forums include full sized mockups and animated sprites. An important part of being a pixel artist is learning to be independent. A great pixel artist can create top quality work without top level critiques.

Good luck with your art!

@slym:

> Both are great places for critique. Before you go to those places for critique you'll have to have much more than just 1 item. Most topics on those forums include full sized mockups and animated sprites. An important part of being a pixel artist is learning to be independent. A great pixel artist can create top quality work without top level critiques.
>
> Good luck with your art!

ok thanks and i was wanting to get the basic concepts before i made 1000 crappy sprites then had to go change all of them or just start over xD