Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking to learn VB6.

Conrad

Okay, i'm going be be blunt from the start, _i am a complete and utter idiot when it comes to coding._

Anyways, I have been using the Eclipse source engines for a pretty long time now. I figure it's time to dedicate myself to a game idea I have. Unfortunately, my coding skills aren't even existant. And everyone has to start somewhere, am I right?

So I come to ask, does anyone have any good guides to teach VB6, or would anyone be willing to take the time and teach it somehow? (lewl, opt. 2 seems unlikely, but meh.) Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance. (And sorry if this is the wrong place for the topic…I thought Q&A would be most fitting compared to the rest.)

@Conrad:

> I'd probably mess up the source itself so badly, do you have any recommendations to whom I should watch?

Not sure. Just go through what takes your fancy, thats what I did but I learnt mainly from messing around with the source code seeing how one line of code would affect the system and googling anything that didn't make sense :cheesy:

I'm in the same boat as you I only started looking at the coding a couple of weeks ago…I went to the tutorial section, found something simple (such as Ryokus real defence) and looked at how it worked and what exactly it was doing and then put it in the engine. Also Google is your friend on most learning things these days!

But yes I would suggest backing up your game regularly.

Also despite the common reaction you may get…Don't be affraid to ask questions, if you can show you're trying to learn then there are some here that are helpful, but if you're just asking without showing any evidence you are trying to learn and just want someone to do it for you, then be prepared to get flamed by "mature adults".

@Captain:

> Who are you calling a noob?

1) Up yours for being a stick all the time

2) to noobs who cant solve a SIMPLE problem (like variable not defined) and have to ask for something they missed in the tutorial. And to the ones who dont WANT to learn

• 2 weeks later...