Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Advanced AI targetting system ("threat")

Joost

Justn,pls say where is it?If i understood u guys correctly,it is when mob aiming player and moves to u and suddenly moves another direction by 1 tile and backs to the road to you again.Or what?Anyway say how to fix that pls =)
I remember someone said that there is a loop in AI and you need just to make more loops.Idk is that true or not.

Thanks for the system,its awesome except this error.Its not so important cuz noone will try it :D and anyway just make a 1 spell to each elite mob so u cant just stay away from 4 ppl who blocks the mob.

So, what you are saying is : when the Warrior class (for instance) taunt a monster, he gets 110% or 300% of threat making on it and it wont target anyone else till dead since its been taunted. Am i right?

So lets say there is a 3 mobs pull, the warrior hits the one on the middle and the mage hits em with lower damage at the same time with a AoE spell. Right after, the warrior taunt the one on left, so the warrior will be targeted by the middle one and the one taunted but the third will be loose and going for the mage?

If thats true, thats awesome and ill add this right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok i am having huge problems. You need to be more specific when your explaining a tutorial.(As if they havnt the slightest clue where anything is.) Pls help me by specifically telling me where to put each part of the code. Plox and Ty

shouldn't this be in source tutorials?

anyway:
~~one question: where do i put the first part of the tutorial?
the subs, i was thinking in ModCombat, but then again, it's  not about combat, its about targetting, but then again targetting is a part of combat, and thats where my brain gave up on me…. se where do i put those subs?~~

nvm, i downloaded the compiled version that you included with your post, and i'll just check where everything belongs

@AlexASB:

> Ok i am having huge problems. You need to be more specific when your explaining a tutorial.(As if they havnt the slightest clue where anything is.) Pls help me by specifically telling me where to put each part of the code. Plox and Ty

Not quite, a tutorial is a tutorial. Not a retard's guide at programming. Honestly, if you have no idea or intention to learn about how the engine functions you shouldn't really be tampering with it.

@Joyce:

> Not quite, a tutorial is a tutorial. Not a retard's guide at programming. Honestly, if you have no idea or intention to learn about how the engine functions you shouldn't really be tampering with it.

telling people where to put it is basically learning… let's say farming, and the ''teacher'' tells you to plant some seeds where the sun is MOST of the time, he can tell you, so you remember it... or he could not tell you and you gamble where to plant it, and thus learning it wrong, because you learn to gamble where to plant it

@Joyce:

> Not quite, a tutorial is a tutorial. Not a retard's guide at programming. Honestly, if you have no idea or intention to learn about how the engine functions you shouldn't really be tampering with it.

Well why do you think im here asking questions?? Because i want to learn how to do it. plus a tutorial teaches you how to do it. It doesnt just give you the tools and not tell you how to use them

@AlexASB:

> Well why do you think im here asking questions?? Because i want to learn how to do it. plus a tutorial teaches you how to do it. It doesnt just give you the tools and not tell you how to use them

well said my friend… well said  :cheesy:

If you want to learn I suggest you download the source code attached. Then just control F the tutorial code and find out where it goes yourself.

ps

It doesnt really matter where the subs go, it will work anywhere.

@AlexASB:

> Well why do you think im here asking questions?? Because i want to learn how to do it. plus a tutorial teaches you how to do it. It doesnt just give you the tools and not tell you how to use them

I learned this way… So can you.
Well i admit i had help from others, but i am special k? :P

• 2 weeks later...
```
                            ' Is the target playing and on the same map?
                            If IsPlaying(Target) And GetPlayerMap(Target) = MapNum Then
                                TryNpcAttackPlayer x, Target
                            Else
                                ' Player left map or game, set target to 0
                                Call RemoveThreat(Target, MapNum, x)
                                'MapNpc(MapNum).Npc(x).targetType = 0 ' clear
                            End If
```
If a player dies, he switches maps so the threat is removed automatically in that part of the code.

The target is also cleared from the threat list if the reason of death = NPC killing him. If a player dies from another NPC or like lava or something and if the player respawns on the map the aggro doesnt get cleared and he gets instant focus again.

Checking to see if a player is in an aggro list every time he dies seems like a hassle and i'm not going to bother with it tbh.

• 1 year later...