Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EverEmber Online Alpha v0.8

hisherwin

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My comment was removed, on what grounds i don't know.

I will try to be more constructive
Mapping: It seems that it is a little square, what i mean is just unnatural, though everything else in the game does look nice, i feel the mapping could use some work, such as more non linear paths, instead of them always being straight kind of randomly curved etc. Possibly random higher grass patches, around trees etc. More curved cliffs and cliffs on top of cliffs.

As for the path in town, based on your screenshot, there are edges, in the tilesets, that you can use to add to them to make them look better, they look to square the way you have them.

Your caves look fine, but as for the snowy area in screenshot not bad.

Its just my opinion but i believe the mapping could use some work. I am not trying to be rude at all just giving a bit of criticism.

@Wicker_2009:

> My comment was removed, on what grounds i don't know.
>
> I will try to be more constructive
> Mapping: It seems that it is a little square, what i mean is just unnatural, though everything else in the game does look nice, i feel the mapping could use some work, such as more non linear paths, instead of them always being straight kind of randomly curved etc. Possibly random higher grass patches, around trees etc. More curved cliffs and cliffs on top of cliffs.
>
> Your caves look fine, but as for the snowy area in screenshot, don't care much for that one. Why not have some of the trees overlap each other by using the fringe 2 or roof, it seems a bit more natural that way.
>
> Its just my opinion but i believe the mapping could use some work. I am not trying to be rude at all just giving a bit of criticism.

Sorry. I just nuked the thread and I may have deleted a constructive post or two by accident. My sincere apologies.

I like the idea of "Players will go through a tutorial, learn the basics, spawn in a massive world, and explore their way through it" but you need to keep the motivation daily to keep players interested. Nice project, although i've seen a few mapping erros on the screens, it looks good. Keep on that!

Thank you alot soul, and thanks to everyone who is giveing us feed back. We are working on the mapping, the game is in alpha stage so dont expects anything awsome.
Abhi, i cant understand, do most look awful or do most look good  :P

@Kajamaz:

> Kajamaz-Main Game Designer and Builder
> Ozfer - Server manager and IT professional 
> Abhijeet Viswa - Coder and Assistant
> Mystic - Head Moderator
> Domino_- Moderator and Signature Artist
> Gunner Wolf - Gui Artist
> Skystudios - Trailer Maker

You have to be kidding.. ?

@abhi2011:

> The game was rushed because many were expecting to play the alpha. Beta will have it.

Check how old is my project and no alpha or beta versions in public…. and now think why you got this...
@Meteor:

> Why did you release this? The only thing I see is the basic EO with crappy icons added.

You have to make game playable and interesting not tell people to play register and with time they will get smtn new and cool.. they need already to do smtn before new updates..
Modify it and add extra small features who are stable.

I'm playing this game because I want to see how far they will get, also when I'm in wow queue or bored I come in for inspiration, also game have bonus 24/7 uptime.. And In game is not so boring as you think. xD
But need work on it.

@Domino_:

> I'm playing this game because I want to see how far they will get, also when I'm in wow queue or bored I come in for inspiration, also game have bonus 24/7 uptime.. And In game is not so boring as you think. xD
> But need work on it.

Thank you for the feedback.

We are still in need of alpha testers, alpha is now about 90% completed and we are getting close to finishing off alpha and soon we will have beta on our hands, beta is about 20-30% completed.
We will have beta and alpha drop partys, ALL ALPHA ACCOUNTS WILL BE RESET DURING BETA, BUT THATS NOT SOON!