Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a client programmer

Displaced

Hello there,

I'll make it short. I want to continue my engine and need some support.
I hate client work so i need someone who knows the client and who want to improve it.

So what's the whole thing about?
It's about "german Eclipse". Uh don't be afraid of the language. Right now i'm implementing multi-language support.

So german Eclipse is right written in two different languages..
The client is the "original" one (Origins), with some modifications. And the server is entirely reprogrammed in freepascal. Why? It runs on linux and on windows. Hosting is much cheaper with it.

So what are the goals?

Well i want to improve the engine to have more functionalitys and such things..
Right now i plan to tweak the combat system a little bit. Adding more spells and spelltypes.
Adding a quest system and maybe more. But NOTHING on aready done work.. I don't want to create a copy / paste engine.. (very very bad idea imho)

What do i get?

Experience. And maybe more i don't know.

Okay so if anyone is interested. Feel free to post.
Otherwise.. just go away.. there's enough room for you.

Who am I?

My name is Niko. I'm almost 21 and i'm studying technical informatics.
My english is getting worse.. because i don't have time to improve it. I'm sorry.
I work for a electricity services company which is fast growing. This year we expand to handle gas services.. And my role is to make sure everything is running.. So I organize the IT-projects and monitor them. And i'm co-developing our system, which handle's the clients.

I understand where you are coming from.. I prefer working with the server more than the client myself. But whomever you have programming your project should be handling both. Having 2 separate people for jobs that run together is a terrible idea and will lead to slower development and possibly 2 sources that don't work at all.

I know from my job that those kind of teamworking does actually work.
But however, i will check the changes that the second programmer is doing.. i just don't want to do it all by myself. I even would show what and how it is working in the server sources. That shoud not be the problem.
But thanks for the thought, i'll keep it in mind.

@jcsnide:
Thank you. I'll try my best.

@Harris:
I know there's alot of programming language discussion in here.. and i really don't want to start and argument on there.
The reason why i've choosen freepascal was that pascal (Delphi) was my first programming language..
This is the only language a really "know" all the other languages are just, well i know how to use them as tools but not how to get the best out of it. And the other thing is cross-platform.