Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question about maps and restriction

Jeppe

Hello! I'm wondering if it's possible to make a NPC warper of some kind where, if there's people in the map, new people cannot come.
I'll explain with a picture:

![](http://i.imgur.com/WxP6HhT.png)

Anyone know how to do this?? I want people not be able to enter a map if the map alredy has people in it.

Like this:

"Party 1 joins map"
"Party 2 tries to join map"
"Party 2 fails"
"Party 1 completes the task inside the map and get warped back to the hub"
"Party 2,3,4,5 are now free to enter the map"
"Party 3 joins the map"

If you dont understand, just tell me, but anyone know how to do this NPC warper command thingy?
And is it possible to do in Events in the client?

Not many engines have this in there by default, none in the method you've described here. There's some that will let you instance a map for you and your party, but this would not limit another party at all and they too would get their own instanced version of the map.

You'd have to make this yourself, or hope someone happens to have it around as it's not supported by default.

Hmm, doesnt look like the skywyre version has it, I'll try on Worlds

I tried EO4 and it looks like that version doesnt have the "party map" option.
I tried worlds but I could only connect with 1 player

Anyone know anything about it? :S

None of the engines have the system that you want built into them. You will need to either find a tutorial for one or make it yourself. technically it would not be hard to add since all you would need to do is add a variable to hold how many players are on the map and another to hold how many players allowed on the map IF its considered a limited map. SO overall

3 variables 1 for count, 1 for max, and a Boolean for if its a limited map. you will need to have the max and Boolean set within the map structure to allow editors to change the data types. And the count only needs to be server side.
server side check to see if the max is reached if there is a map limit if not allow them to enter the map otherwise return a packet saying you can not enter as the map is full. This tends to be a easy method to support a few players at a time on a map. Your npc one would require the use of the npc to spawn them into the map when the map is freed up.

Could have an event on the map checking the players, but you'd have to add a new check of if they are in the same party. Then have it change a conditional branch and kick all players if there is more than one party and just have the Event outside not let anyone in if there is a party already in.