Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Events

kane123

Aherm, random language bitching aside..

Most of us start out knowing very little. But if you read around a bit, try and fiddle with the code to get results you want, but fail at it you're much more likely to be helped than asking people to write it for you. As much as I adore writing code for everyone their games this is just a hobby of mine, I do not get paid for it and neither does anyone else here. :P

Soo yeah, my advice would be to learn how to program or pray someone is willing to do it for you. The first option is most likely the best however.

First thing is first, if you wanna make your own game you gotta learn at least a little of the vb6 language some time, enough to fix common issues while developing or if your programmer (when you get one) leaves you with a broken source. While learning you can pratice several other skills such as GFX, GUI, etc…

Find something you are good at and enjoy doing. Once you have skills to show off, people will not mind helping you if they see potential in your work. Simply asking for help will not happen, just like everywhere in the world.

It has taken me 5-6 years and I have only focussed on learning vb6 at this point in time and honestly, I do not know a whole lot outside of Eclipse.

My advice... always plan as if no one in the world is going to help you. If they do then great but you will not be dissapointed if they don't.

Best of luck, sorry for what seems like bad news.
jcsnider