Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pressing Character button while walking???

Whackeddie99

@abhi2011:

> Character button what is that?

The button which opens the Character screen?

But back to the question, its because the server sends all the playerdata things to the player, so also the walking things and that causes the glitch.

@Stein:

> Because nobody was clever enough to send over only the data the character screen would need, and just blatantly send over EVERYTHING regarding that player. You can easily change that though.

Yes, but don't delete those parts from Playerdata, as they're using for other things next to the Character tab too, my idea is make a check if picCharacter is visible, and then don't set walking variables.

@Stein:

> Or make a new sort of packet that only sends the data displayed on the character screen.. Which are just the stats and whatnot. Would be a waste to send over data you're not using right?

Well, making another packet is more 'wasting' then sending over 3 variables you're not using. :P

How come? You're only adding to an enumeration, which is a static 4 Bytes.. Whereas sending over the entire player data packet is a lot more than just the stats and points which we need in this case. There's a lot more included in the PlayerData packet than just the stats and location, and since we already have the name and whatnot, why bother sending that over again and again and again?

Mind you, I was talking resources to send over the network and to keep in memory. Not time spent on making it work.

@Stein:

> How come? You're only adding to an enumeration, which is a static 4 Bytes.. Whereas sending over the entire player data packet is a lot more than just the stats and points which we need in this case. There's a lot more included in the PlayerData packet than just the stats and location, and since we already have the name and whatnot, why bother sending that over again and again and again?
>
> Mind you, I was talking resources to send over the network and to keep in memory. Not time spent on making it work.

Ow, I forgot that PlayerData also sends more unused information, I thought it was only the moving constants.