Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Um… What Happened to Eclipse Dawn?

Likestodraw

> As much as I like people using my engine, by now with Snider's DirectX8 system it is simply outdated, and we already have enough old junk on this place which people support and endorse for christ knows what reason(see a few CS:DE mods, and support given for this engine while it is clearly NOT to be used for anything on its own). I do not want to keep people stuck in the past, Eclipse.. No, all Mirage engines have been stagnant for far too long, and we need to push ourselves into a future, and not stay with the past just because we are too lazy to rework our current progress in a game or whatever we're doing.
>
> Now don't get me wrong, a lot of my code was very recent and up to date. HOWEVER, I noticed a trend of people using my engine, or adding tutorials to it and wishing to push out their own custom version(lol? tutorials?) of it, and continueing a now outdated system. I may or may not in the future end up modifying Snider's finished versions to include the features Dawn had, in a more fancy manner(being able to use DirectX8 and whatnot will make some things a lot more appealing, for example the day and night system should look a lot better, as well as the character selection screen I had in mind, character customization with RGB values for everything). Who knows, I may or may not. Depending on my mood, and the changes I see happening on here, people are simply too stuck in the past or stuck in this stubborn idea of "My idea is law".. Or hell, a few people are complete asswipes and give terribad ideas all over, then complain at my ideas. Yeah, good going there.

he wrote a lot more, but the rest is.. erm.. Rather harsh towards specific people and well. Not very suitable for reading :P