Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with chat

LonelyNekoLover

Ok, so i want to take the chat out of the game and make it a separate exe. I'm doing this for 2 reasons 1: people who wanna talk with friends but not play can use it as a sort of messenger. 2: i can then expand the game window without expanding the overall size of the client window. I suppose a 3rd reason would to keep the players more focused on the game rather then the chat when actually playing the game.

I know the basics of vb6, how to open forms and find subs and such. But i need the experience of someone a lot more knowledgeable about the source to know what parts i need to take out exactly.

If anyone can help me, i would greatly appreciate it. Thx!

@KoisuruKoibito:

> A quick search for "ms4 source" got me nothing, what is the full name? im still looking too
>
> And thank you, now how do i remove the chat from the game? while keeping the npc dialog?

I dont know where exactly is the ms4 source, but ask older forum member for a blank Mirage Source code where it already have all the enumeration + winsock set up. And how do you remove the chat from the game? well, 2 options:

1\. Delete the chatbox and every single code relate to chat (which will take a while)
2\. Just hide the chatbox, and pretend like it never existed