Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with Events.

Zetasis

Okay so what I have done is set it up so that when a player starts out on map1 it sends them to map2 and changes their sprite. From there the player goes through a series of chatting sequences and is warped to map3\. On map3 is where I am running into issues. On map3 I want there to be a small conversation between two NPC's(events), then the players sprite gets changed, and the NPC's say different things now when talked to. The problem is the event on map3 just keeps repeating.

What I have setup is like this: On map2, before warped to map3, the event sets player variable1 = 1\. On map3 I have an event set to parallel process on the condition that player variable1 = 1 and it is supposed to open a prompt, and once the prompt is clicked, it is supposed to move the player, change the players sprite, and set player variable1 = 2 so that this event doesn't happen again. I also have a new page set on the event under the condition player variable1 = 2 but its almost as if page1 doesn't change the player variable so page2 will happen and page1 will stop.

Here is a screen shot of my event settings:

Map2 Event
![](http://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/204a7195db05e70c36cd7c56a76aa4ff.png)

Map3 Event Page1
![](http://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/509b8472c703f6f67620bdaeac8b8f8c.png)

Any help or ideas would be very helpful. Thanks Eclipse!

I've always had issues with getting player variables to work right (other people, but out, I use them right but they don't work on the engines I use), so I'd suggest using Player Switches and make switches, it'll take up more room, but they at least work, as far as I know at least. In other words, I think the issue is that Player Variables don't work.