Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Run time error 9 on server start.

zarz02

Run time error 9 on start.

So I just added an item to the game and dropped it on the ground and then the server crashed, and now I can't even start the server. Any idea on how to fix this?

I don't know why the item crashed the game, it shouldn't have.

Post thought. After watching the server boot it gets to maps before it crashes. Now besides putting an item down I also put some mining resources done before I saved. It could be that also. Either way I don't know how to disable them from outside the server.

Bump for more info

I replaced the map I crashed on with a blank map so I could try to recreate the crash circumstances. So far no luck. It wasn't the item I dropped or the resource. Both work perfectly. I still would like to know what crashed me as I had to ditch a very large dungeon map that I worked days on. Any clue?

@Soul:

> The resources sometimes error out. I don't know exactly why, but I've always suspected it happens when you place down a resource before pressing "save" on the popup to select the resources. Can you try replicating it like that?

Before I test this, is there anyway to edit out a resource while unable to operate the client? Because last time it glitched as I said further up I couldn't even start the server.

@Rydo:

> Delete the items in your server folder and re-make the item.

No, the problem is with the map, not the resource or the item.

@zarz02:

> Before I test this, is there anyway to edit out a resource while unable to operate the client? Because last time it glitched as I said further up I couldn't even start the server.

Just delete the one map the failed resource is on.

I'll try and see if I can come up with a client-side fix. However, this would be retroactive at best.

Of course, you could just be extra careful to make sure the resource is saved before you place it.

**Edit**: Here's a fix for the future you can add so this doesn't happen again. Please test it.

Client-side.

Find:
```
' move the entire attributes box on screen

```
and before that add:
```
If ResourceEditorNum = 0 Then ResourceEditorNum = 1

```