Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ophiuchus Tileset Showoff

lollicat

Some tiles I've been working on for Ophiuchus. Please excuse the poor mapping.
![](http://i.imgur.com/TcZMB.png)
Outdoor tiles.

![](http://i.imgur.com/ncHjz.png)
Not quite done, but the indoor tiles.

Let me know what you think. I know the colors are pretty bright already, though.

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=81953.msg877187#msg877187 date=1343524203]
> colors bright, tiles noticable, house roof.. what in the duck? book cases have no depth and look like pictures on the wall.

Would it be more worth my while to redo them completely or try to fix them?

Some of the tiles look wow, while some look fine, and some are bleh.. :)
I don't mind the bright colours, I like it that way.

Make the wall bricks compact ; lessen the borders of the tiles and floor bricks, make them flat and blend them with other tiles to avoid making them look like side-scroller platforms ; the flow of water downstream doesn't fit too well.

There are some mistakes and so on and so forth, but good work!
Thumbs up! :)

1.Grass doesn't grow that much above sand, usually it blends smoothly as sand is blown into the grass. http://www.staugustinefl.cc/VilanoBeach/vilanobeach.jpg
2.What is the roof of the house doing? It seems to have infinitely more perspective than the other tiles.
3.Waterfall is coming from nowhere, but I assume you know that.
4.wooden ground tiles for the house have too much contrast.
5.Bookcases a few pixels too high up; they should be a few pixels into the ground unless they're actually part of the wall… which could make sense if the top part wasn't protruding.
Other than those things, looks pretty good. Nice work.

The bricks look bad the roof has horable shading and different from the other shades also i'm almost 100% sure you didn't made the sand tile i think i saw it before on breeze graphics the grass doesn't loo like grass some colors are too bright like the wooden floor the tree trunk doesnt look like trunk and everything is too square it needs to look more natural.

Some of those tiles are observantly ripped. Everything is almost completely different when it comes to color choice, style and shading so its even more apparent that you didn't pixel everything I see in that map.  These are loose guesses so forgive me if I'm wrong, but the dirt looks identical to a set of 'wasteland' tiles I made several years ago, The water looks like… some GBA game or maybe even breeze, and the sand looks like something from a naturo or bleach game...

@Kreator:

> Some of those tiles are observantly ripped. Everything is almost completely different when it comes to color choice, style and shading so its even more apparent that you didn't pixel everything I see in that map.  These are loose guesses so forgive me if I'm wrong, but the dirt looks identical to a set of 'wasteland' tiles I made several years ago, The water looks like… some GBA game or maybe even breeze, and the sand looks like something from a naturo or bleach game...

I know the sand is hers, I saw her post something quite similar not too far back. I don't think I share this suspicion. She has been posting various tilesets for a while now. Perhaps she ripped some of the water tiles and the dirt, but everything else I think is hers.

That said, Kreator is right, everything has such a different palette and shading style. The tree is very circle-ey, the dirt is very detailed, the water is minimalist, and the sand is somewhere in between.

The dirt is not mine. I probably should have said that; I'm actually not sure why I put it in there in the frist place. Thank you all for your input, I'm working on improving the tiles and will post them when I finish.

edit; forgot to mention that yes, the sand is mine. I realized after making it how uncannily similar it is to the Breeze sand, but it is mine.