• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Height and ScaleHeight?

Dawntide

Hey,

I want to change the Window size of my game, but in this tutorial:

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,67409.0.html

He tells me to change Height and Width, but my Height is 9345 and my Width is 11655\. Why are these values so damn high? My window is in the default size.

My Scale.Height is 595 and my Scale.Width is 771\. So what is the diffrence and how can i fix my damn high and weird values?

thanks

A valid question, hopefully this clears it up for you -

Essentially they are to get an exact width and height of forms -

> ScaleWidth and ScaleHeight are used to get the forms width and height excluding it's titlebar and borders

Height and Width are auto set when you scale the client up or down. Hope this helps!

In a standard vb6 forum, the height and width are set to be measured in twips. Now, in the form properties you can set the scale mode to be several different types, one of those scale modes (the one we use) is pixels… thus, the scalewidth/scaleheight is the width/heights in pixel value.

No. Set your scale mode to pixels. (It is a form property) then randomly input values into width/height until you get your scale width and scale height where you want it (800 by 600) or w/e.  The values will be very different because 1 twip does not equal 1 pixel.