Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lord of the Rings Online

Synergy

• 1 month later...
A lot of the servers are relatively dead, especially since we're at the end of the expansion.. When Rohan releases, it should spice up a bit again though. It's also advisable to check their forums to see which realms are the most active.. Because the one I play on (Withywindle) has a ton of players in Bree, some in Thorin's Hall(Pretty abandoned anyway nowadays) and the Moria expansion cities and above(Note that most players are no longer centered around Bree, since we're quite a bit into the story we're moving towards Rohan and so is the playerbase, so they move to the nearest cities for them).

• 1 month later...
I use to run a hobbit only kinship on the brandywine server had a good bit of member but had to many lag issues with the game, also found game play quite boring quickly. So I would mainly just hang out craft / farm / play music with the small kin band we had, use to make custom music for the game and everything. Mostly bag pipe music.

The downside of the engine is, that it was glitchy and outdated back when they released the game as it is. Some people were willing to look past this because well, it's Lord of the Rings and dealt with it, others have since dropped it. This sadly results in the engine not being able to deal with the modern changes and additions as well, and that they tried hiding some of the original glitches poorly also shows, the movement is awkward at times and combat reacts strange, sadly this was never fixed.

Take the new Mounted Combat for example, I played it for six hours on Sunday, and my god is it broken. You rubberband all over the place, you glitch into random spots and just hop around randomly at times. It's like we're playing a Beta release.

For the lore and people, it's a great game. The community is superb in most cases. But for the core gameplay and mechanics there are better F2P games available these days I'm afraid. (having a Lifetime sub, I log in every now and then just to play and mess around, currently have a level 78 Runekeeper and 83 Captain on Withywindle. It's a decent game, but also has some obvious flaws.)