Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Having more then 100 maps

Slayer Blade

Been forever since I posted anything here. The new event system kinda got me back into working with the engine. Anyway, How do I go about having over 100 maps? Given that I would put that much work into the engine to need over 100 maps. I know the Software comes will the data for 100 maps, but trying to figure out how I would go about more maps and keep the game going and not worry about having to make massive maps and make any dungeons one or two layered and rather large.

It should be in ModConstants.

```
' Map constants
Public Const MAX_MAPS As Long = 100
Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 14
Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = 11
Public Const MAP_MORAL_NONE As Byte = 0
Public Const MAP_MORAL_SAFE As Byte = 1
```
Make sure its the same both server side, and client side.

@Sigridunset:

> It should be in ModConstants.
>
> ```
> ' Map constants
> Public Const MAX_MAPS As Long = 100
> Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 14
> Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = 11
> Public Const MAP_MORAL_NONE As Byte = 0
> Public Const MAP_MORAL_SAFE As Byte = 1
> ```
> Make sure its the same both server side, and client side.

ok, looks simple enough. would this also add the maps automatically, or would I need to add more maps by coping and paste and renaming them 101,102,103?

A few stupid questions. Number one, are you editing the code with specifically VB6? If so, have you made sure that the MAX_MAPS is the same number on the client side and server side? If so, have you compiled it?

If not, and you are using VB6, then hit Alt in Vb6 with the code open. It should take you to the File tab. Hit "Make EO.exe" or "Server.exe".

And as for your question about the copying and pasting, all thats done when you start the server.

@Slayer:

> Compile? and max at 255? some new information there but yeah. How would i go about compiling it? Everyone said as long as I changed the numbers it be good.

Saving the code in VB6 is like changing the words in a notepad document. Compiling the code is like printing that text onto paper and making a book. To compile, open your project in VB6 and hit File, Make "Name here".exe

Server and Client side in constants change Max_Maps. ( server will generate/creane new maps if there will be need for them) To save changes save your project and run though vb6 with full compile or make *.exe of your project.
Answered on your question, close this thread, nothing more to say.