Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dx7 Day/Night System

Justn

• 8 months later...
Here is the fix for blinking screen on larger maps, if anyone still uses this…

In modDirectDraw7  in BltNightTile find this line:

```

' render
Call Engine_BltFast(ConvertMapX(x * PIC_X), ConvertMapY(Y * PIC_Y), DDS_Tileset(.Layer(i).Tileset), rec, DDBLTFAST_WAIT Or DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY)

```
Change to this:

```

' render
Call Engine_BltFast(Camera.Left + ConvertMapX(x * PIC_X), Camera.top + ConvertMapY(Y * PIC_Y), DDS_Tileset(.Layer(i).Tileset), rec, DDBLTFAST_WAIT Or DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY)

```
Added to OP

• 3 months later...
I know Im at the lonely bottom and will hardly be knoticed back here, but for anyone that wants the same thing but a direct X 8 version for newer engines could use wayback machine to access the link to Eclipse Dawn releases and grab the latest copy back there and rip it. Just search Night everywhere, grab the time related stuff etc. Granted it still needs more work to it like saving time etc or setting day night from server side to be truely complete its still great to get somethin in there :)

> I know Im at the lonely bottom and will hardly be knoticed back here, but for anyone that wants the same thing but a direct X 8 version for newer engines could use wayback machine to access the link to Eclipse Dawn releases and grab the latest copy back there and rip it. Just search Night everywhere, grab the time related stuff etc. Granted it still needs more work to it like saving time etc or setting day night from server side to be truely complete its still great to get somethin in there :)

Or you could have someone do it for you

Ok, there is a problem with the code you gave, but I have a fix for it.

Find:

```
Public Sub BltNightTile(ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long)

```
Then Find:

```
Call Engine_BltFast(ConvertMapX(x * PIC_X), ConvertMapY(y * PIC_Y), DDS_Tileset(.Layer(i).Tileset), rec, DDBLTFAST_WAIT Or DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY)

```
And replace with:

```
If Map.maxX < 26 And Map.maxY < 16 Then Call Engine_BltFast(ConvertMapX(X * PIC_X), ConvertMapY(Y * PIC_Y), DDS_Tileset(.Layer(i).Tileset), rec, DDBLTFAST_WAIT Or DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY)
If Map.maxX >= 26 And Map.maxY < 16 Then Call Engine_BltFast(Camera.Left + ConvertMapX(X * PIC_X), ConvertMapY(Y * PIC_Y), DDS_Tileset(.Layer(i).Tileset), rec, DDBLTFAST_WAIT Or DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY)
If Map.maxX < 26 And Map.maxY >= 16 Then Call Engine_BltFast(ConvertMapX(X * PIC_X), Camera.Top + ConvertMapY(Y * PIC_Y), DDS_Tileset(.Layer(i).Tileset), rec, DDBLTFAST_WAIT Or DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY)
If Map.maxX >= 26 And Map.maxY >= 16 Then Call Engine_BltFast(Camera.Left + ConvertMapX(X * PIC_X), Camera.Top + ConvertMapY(Y * PIC_Y), DDS_Tileset(.Layer(i).Tileset), rec, DDBLTFAST_WAIT Or DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY)
End If

```