Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Server Hosting

Xlithan

Most VPS / Dedicated's will run an eclipse server. You want a windows license on it too (most do 6 months free, some do 12 months free). The main area of concern (not including speeds) would be single core processing power. VB6 is single thread (core) so if you have a quad core server with 16gb ram you will only be using 1 thread (core) and upto around 2gb RAM as a rough estimate (the largest memory address VB6 can deal with is a 32-Bit AFAIK). As a long time dedicated server owner; I'd suggest part renting or fully renting a dedicated for the sole purpose of 100% upload/download speeds (not shared between others using the same server as you like a VPS) and been able to use Visual Basic 6 on it to run the server to catch bugs.

Just things to take into consideration.

I personally use 1and1.co.uk - There brilliant most of the time, I have personally been double charged twice and the switches went down for a few hours in France thus booting my server offline.

I don't like the idea of other Eclipse users hosting my server. No offense, but I don't know anybody here and I don't like taking risks of being ripped off.

I may speak to Jon at MrGigaBit.co.uk, he may be able to come up with a better solution.