Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help

Tacticalspike

So you mean you need someone to learn you VB6?

If that's the case, then why do you need someone to 'teach' you, there are tons of tutorial on the internet, and if you have a question then you can post it on the Q&A board.

Also, I don't try to be rude, but I just don't think someone would learn you it, nothing personal.

And if you get stuck or something, you can always PM me. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

> If your referring to working the game engine itself there are tutorials for that to in the tutorial section.

Indeed, or you can request Resources for your game in the General section, any help with the game/client go to Development > Questions & Answers.

And if you're looking to learn actual VB and get taught how to actually use the engine, I'm working on a simplified, well documented engine for this community.

> And if you're looking to learn actual VB and get taught how to actually use the engine, I'm working on a simplified, well documented engine for this community.

To me, EO 2.0 is already simple enough. Maybe to someone who is new to VB6, or programming, it wouldn't make that much sense, but if someone is determined and dedicated enough to learn on their own, they will. The only way i see that lots of subs and functions could be more obvious of what they do is if someone put a whole bunch of notes above pretty much every line of code.

Anyways, since you're already working on this engine, is it going to be in VB6? I'm sure many people have said this before, but the biggest turndown when it comes to working with EO is that you need VB6\. To get it, you need to either have $500, illegally torrent it, or be lucky enough to either have it already or have a friend who has it.

EO 2.0 is simple but it's still slow as hell. You've probably used it for a while and it took you a while to find everything and figure everything out. The whole point of me documenting the engine is to allow people to get started really easily and teach them VB6 and good coding standards right from the start.

And yeah it is, if you teach people how to proper 'acquire' it they will get it. It's the setup that most people find difficult really, any teenager or adult knows how to 'acquire' software.

I suppose so. As for EO, I've been working with EO for about two years, but I've been working with VB6 for only six months so its not that long.

> The whole point of me documenting the engine is to allow people to get started really easily and teach them VB6 and good coding standards right from the start.

You're doing really well with your thread "Documentation". I'm looking forward to your next tutorial and your engine.

• 2 weeks later...
Microsoft itself still has tutorials and methods up for VB6 surprisingly, but it can be extremely difficult for a beginner to look at a wall of text and figure out the entire concept of the language with just a few paragraphs. It was a great idea to start on a community engine for new and aspiring programmers alike.