Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Because nobody reads the "READ FIRST" posts anymore…

kris_hole

This is really starting to annoy me, I know people come to eclipse with no previous games work before but come on guys. Be professional about it jeeeeeez.

I'm starting to see this far too much around this site and on the facebook page:

> "I NEED 3D PROGRAMMERS PLOX! XD XD XD"
>
> All that means is, some kid has had an idea for a game, doesn't know how to do it himself, wants people to make it for him and take all the credit.
>
> However…
>
> > FORUM POST!
> >
> > Hi guys, my names is ##### and i've came up with this awesome idea. I've produced a rough Games Design Document to show you some of the in-depth features i've thought of along side how the game will play out and how the story will unfold.
> >
> > Here is some rough prototype work i've produced so far showing #### character who will be the main protagonist in the players quest and here you can see #### who is the main antagonist in my game idea.
> >
> > So far we have these members on our team, We have:
> >
> > Steve: The Pirate, he is our 3D Modeller who produces the 3D game assets from any concept art that is approved of by the entire team, he then passes the work onto:
> >
> > Jessie James: Who turns the 3D models into fully wrking rigs ready for in game animation.
> >
> > THis GUY: Is our C++/C#/Ruby/Python/ducking Assembly programmer who does xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > As you can see we have made a very good start at developing our game but we have hit a block in the road. We are looking into adding to our team under the positions of XXXXX and XXXXX
> >
> > Thank you for reading this post and if you would like to get in contact with me you can do so via my e-mail address or replying to this topic.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > K. Hole,
> >
> > Kweh! Entertainment! Inc. 2012
> >
> > kris_hole@####.###
> >
> > This right here is a very formal and well structures invitation to apply to a team, this is the way forward. Nobody will even think twice about the first example of "SUP GUYS HELP PLOX" because it look completely and utterly ducking retarded.
> >
> > DO IT RIGHT GUYS OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL!

He's Majestic Mellowz, he's been around a while ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

The problem is that there a few people here who are actually proffesional and alot '12-year old boys' who just want to make a game without thinking good of it. (like you mentioned in the first example)

It's not bad, as we can let those 'game design newbies' see what game design really is, and probably around 5% will be serious about their game and the other 95% not.

We just need to deal with it because thats what you get when you have an engine with the whole basics for a MMORPG in it already.

@Erwin: Kris really isn't complaining about the age most members have. It's true that at the age of twelve you're not required to be all professional, but there's something you can expect, even from people who are twelve: the ability to read.

I fully agree that people are ignoring the "Read first before posting" topics and I wouldn't like to do nothing more than report those said members, but heck with so many new changes in this forum, I'm not even sure what's allowed and not allowed anymore.

But not reading the "Read first before posting" topics aside, while I do agree with Kris that they could be more formal when it comes to making their topics, you can't expect something like that from people just because you have the ability to do so yourself. Even if you were able to do that at that age or not, doesn't matter. We humans aren't made to be the same. I get that you're a litte agitated that they can't even do those things, heck on a bad day, even I have that sometimes.

But there's this little something I know when I see them; the fact that I was like them at one time. Let's face the fact that everyone was like that at least once. Everyone starts somewhere, you can't force people to grow faster than they are able to. The only thing we can do is provide guidance or do nothing at all.

On that note, you should know this topic probably won't be seen by the majority of the members and therefor it won't help much. Perhaps the only thing you could do if people ignore the "read first" topics is to initiate a setting where topics need to be checked by a Moderator/Admin before it can be posted. But that will probably increase the workload for Moderators and/or Administrators, which will result in them having to do more work, which will finally result in more members complaining they don't see any Moderator or Administrator doing their job.

TL;DR: No.