Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Player name extension fail

darkhog

I've tried to make being able to make longer character names, so it can include full names (first+mid+last) and not only first name, bu increasing character name length in frmMenu.txtCName.MaxLength.

However in the game it still only display first 12 characters.

It certainly saves on the server (charlist.txt contains full name, not only first 12 chars), so problem lies either in transporting name back to the client or in displaying it over character (in one of those it cuts to 12 chars). Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Well, I've tried to increase it, but all I got was weird Runtime Error 9: Subscript out of range pointing to this method:

```
Public Sub UpdateMapBlock(mapnum, x, y, blocked As Boolean)

If blocked Then

MapBlocks(mapnum).Blocks(x, y) = 9

Else

MapBlocks(mapnum).Blocks(x, y) = 0

End If

End Sub
```

Because you need to delete or convert your data after that change, since youre allocating more space to a string. It will load in more data from the old file, loading random gibberish from the next datafield stored in the file, corrupting the loading sequence as the file is smaller then it sould be.

Keep in mind that the bin files are just a binary memory dump. Changing the data loaded even by a single bit can cause it to go corrupt.