Find results in...

GetTickCount()

Zzbrandon

Use timeGetTime, it's a lot better.

Add this declaration anywhere:

```

Public Declare Function timeGetTime Lib "winmm.dll" () As Long
```

And replace all instances of GetTickCount with timeGetTime.

^^ He's got a very valid point. timeGetTime will vary far less than GetTickCount, we're talking mere miliseconds here mind you, but using timeGetTime will yeild the best results in varying environments. IE: My GetTickCount may process faster than yours, but if we're both using timeGetTime we should be relatively near the same. GetTickCount is faster to call than timeGetTime but timeGetTime will give you the best results across the board.

> Timegettime is slower.

To initially call, yes, I agree, but in the long run it is a lot more efficient than GetTickCount and a lot more precise as Rob said.

> But timeGettime still have 50days limit

Well everything has a 32bit long limit, even GetTickCount.

Just do something like this:

```
timeGetTime < Timer And timeGetTime >= StartTime
```

> Wouldnt GetTickCount64 be the best to go with if you dont want to restart your cp in 50 days?

I added 64-bit timer with time roll-over (thx to Spodi´s code and JustinSD) to next ER, so wait until i release it ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> Ironic? It´s converted to 32bit value in function.

It's still less precise than timeGetTime and still only goes up to a 32bit long because VB6 hasn't got any 64bit support. You can add rollover to any of the two but timeGetTime still has more advantages.

> It's still less precise than timeGetTime and still only goes up to a 32bit long because VB6 hasn't got any 64bit support. You can add rollover to any of the two but timeGetTime still has more advantages.

VB6 have Currency, isn´t it 64-bit? Correct me if i am wrong.

> GetTickCount64() does not exist on an XP machine, and your code WILL CRASH on them

Who said that i am using gettickcount64?

EDIT: Private Declare Sub GetSystemTime Lib "kernel32.dll" Alias "GetSystemTimeAsFileTime" (ByRef lpSystemTimeAsFileTime As Currency)

> VB6 have Currency, isn´t it 64-bit? Correct me if i am wrong.

What I should of said is that the 64bit support is awful. Currency can hold the value of a 64bit integer, have fun using that in VB6.