Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for dedicated team

TW1ST3D-L337

You should definitely look into the future and make this in another language if you truly are dedicated to make this game. I would also recommend to really read and take some advice from the post Exception made. Many times has people come here with dreams of making a game posting requirements that may be a bit unrealistic. Start off small. Get a programmer, an artist, a mapper/developer, and maybe design the storyline yourself and go up from there.

Just in case you didn't see my PM. I am interested in joining your team. I am currently working on a project in Game maker studio.

Things I can bring to the table
HTML, CSS, PHP, Python
Writing
Helping out with the running the community

"Artists? You only need 1\. Having 2 just asks for conflicting styling (contrary to what it might look like, asking them to standardise their styles is a big ask for artists)."

Lol nope. You definitely need more than one artist- no artist is singularly good at every aspect of orpg art, some people can do items and characters, but completely fail at tiles (some people like me can do world tiles, but struggle to do player-scale tiles in higher resolutions than 16x16.)

Programming and art are the two hardest parts of making a game imo. You need someone who can implement your ideas as features and you need someone who can create beautiful visuals- many people turn music off in games because it gets annoying, so your music really doesn't matter.

Standardised art is rather easy.

Choose a colour palette / make one.
Choose a defined style for items.
Choose a style for shading and dithering.

I would suggest you cut your team down to 4 people, 2 programmers and 2 artists- you can always find a composer later. That being said I personally opt for music (and music standards) first as it sets the tone for the colours and the visual style of the world. I like to have music from a game to inspire me in the background.