Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with vb6 please

adamsk8s

i got vb6 but i dont think im using it right. for example, im trying to change max combat level.. i open the file.. modConstants.bas server side and client side, with vb6 and edit the string Max_levels and change them to 100 then save the files but nothing changes in game..

I've said this the other day, and will say it again.. For thinking that you can edit a text file and affect a compiled program. Here's what you should do:

Set your computer on fire, let it burn for a good hour or so. Smash it with a hammer, now smash your own toes.. Then preferable a hand as well. With the remaining hand, pick up the computer and lip to a window to throw your computer out of it. And never, ever touch one again.

I thought that was a pretty good hint at saying "Changing a text file does not, and will never affect a compiled program."? Anyhow, in the future open the Client/Server.VBP file and edit through there, this is the PROJECT file. It will load the entire project along with dependencies and allows you to compile your changes (given that they do not error out of course). The option for this is located in the File > Make XXXX.exe menu.

> im using visual basic 2010, will it not work with it?

You cannot use VB2010 to edit the code. If you did get VB6, then open the project from the .vbp file IN VB6, make the changes you want, save it, and then you must compile it. Abhi2011 already pointed it out but you ignored it (to my knowledge). So the next time you ask a question, try the solutions people post.