Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse running on a Virtual Machine

Colonello

I'm thinking about getting a mac because I turned on my laptop yesterday it gave me a blue screen said it couldn't start than I restarted it took 15 minutes but then it finally logged in. My laptop only lasts about 2-3 years I was told and it's about done for. So i'm going to get a macbook pro because those last a long time. Theres a program called VMware Fusion for macs and I guess it runs windows xp. Would I be able to run the server and test it with the client using this?

Lol an PC has the same lifetime if you dont do crap on it (Download 1000 not needed stuff e.c.t.) my old laptop lived 6 years then my sister broken it ;-)

To the question i think it would work if you emulate windows XP but thats stupide…

Getting an mac and run an virtual machine on it for EO xD

Then buy direct an Windows ;-)

Running Eclipse through virtual machine on Mac works kind of…. I have a macbook pro as my only computer right now so I know all about this.

the virtual machine cannot render anything newer then dx7\. So if you are using any engine of Eclipse that uses DX3D (The ones with alpha blending) then you will not be able to run it through a VM. Once you login to the game it will just be a blank grey screen. The server will run fine though as it doesn't deal with graphics rendering in DX3D.

If you use anything with dx7 though it will render fine and you can do everything through the VM. If you do go with a macbook prop your best bet would be to use Bootcamp and partition your macbook with a windows partition and your mac partition. Then you can run everything just like it would be normally by booting up through your windows.

> I'm thinking about getting a mac because I turned on my laptop yesterday it gave me a blue screen said it couldn't start than I restarted it took 15 minutes but then it finally logged in. My laptop only lasts about 2-3 years I was told and it's about done for. So i'm going to get a macbook pro because those last a long time. Theres a program called VMware Fusion for macs and I guess it runs windows xp. Would I be able to run the server and test it with the client using this?

Duel boot buddy, VMware was designed for windows. The mac version is like giving a 14 year old a gun, chances are problems will occur.

Shrink your partition and run a Duel Boot that way u can have a Mac with iOS and also have a Non virtual, bootable windows.

Virtual machines take up a bit of resource and Mac don't relly make tough machines.