Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DAX Programming Language v1.1

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlX8IE4oQ9g[/media]

In Short

So if your to lazy to watch the video, here is a general synopsis. This is my own custom programming language for my operating system im currently developing. It is a "**visual basic like syntax**" that can be used in a more effeciant but longer way that normal VB.NET is. VB.NET is an awsome language dont get me wrong, but it huge and really bloated with uneeded shit that most developers wont use in a simple program they develope. I have created a custom graphics engine that inheits the functions of most of the controls from the tool box. Then they are renderd by:

```

Me.add(Button1)

```
This is the same syntax as visual basic.NET as most codes will reamin the same. Except my DAX language is all rendered by small graphics and is not clunky at all by other shit. I also have in place 60 other codes that can do more functions that vb cannot do. It allows simple client to server based applications to be made with a byte array packet system already in place. Ill have it as a template that you can either open up in DAX, or in normal vb.net (with some minor adjustments. What makes this awsome is the fact that in the editor there is an option that allows the developer to convert there code to C#. Not a perfect conversion, but it will do as for the rest you should modify yourself.

Only drawback is that since DAX and VB.net are a lil differnet some conversions will have to be made when programming in one language and writing in another. Perfect example would be in .net, to hide somthing its generally

```
:

control1.visible = true

```
In dax its:

```

Control1.hide

```

[Download Test](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/d4b7e8bedcab43b883fae87e9b07bd96.zip)

KEY POINTS:

Saving is currently disabled due to the assembler not caching the codes properly, and you will need to add a reference on startup with the file I have given you.

Credits: ME

FastTextBoxSyntax: Pavel Torgashov (His gracious gift for christmas was giving me the source of his .dll for a rightextbox capable of syntax highlighting.)

Paul Ishak: From PlanetSourceCode: Allowed attribution to Pavels .dll library. And allowed me to imprt actually .net syntax into DAX syntax.

oh and by the way….....

![](http://t.qkme.me/35lt6g.jpg)

You can not programm EO in this…...not yet anyways. But IM working on it ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

Neither, its DAX. Its visual basic like syntax. Only trouble is not all the codes work. For example, if you wanted to load say SFML for an application you could not do it your self. I would have to manually program the SFML library into the syntax editor and all the SFML references for you to be able to use it. Right now all default .NET style codes work as well as some of my own custom codes such as "print.screen", "show.ip" shit like that ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

Actually bothered to do a crappy calculator that can only add.

```

Option Strict On

Imports System

Imports System.Windows.Forms

Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic

#Region "Namespace"

Namespace ExampleApp

#Region "EntryPoint"

Public Class EntryPoint

Public Shared Sub Main(args As [String]())

System.Console.WriteLine("Now Executing Custom Application...")

Dim FrmMain as New Form1

System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(FrmMain)

End Sub

End Class

#End Region

#Region "FrmMain"

Public Class Form1

Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form

Private Withevents Button1 as New Button

Private WithEvents Button2 As New Button

Private WithEvents Button3 As new Button

Private WithEvents Button4 As new Button

Private WithEvents Button5 as New Button

Private WithEvents Button6 As new Button

Private WithEvents Button7 As new Button

Private WithEvents Button8 As new Button

Private WithEvents Button9 as new Button

Private WithEvents ButtonAdd As New Button

Private WithEvents ButtonEqual as new Button

Private WithEvents ButtonClear As new Button

Private WithEvents Textbox As New Textbox

' values

Private Val1 As Integer

Private Val2 As Integer

Sub New()

With Textbox

.Text = ""

.Top = 10

.Left = 10

.Width = 170

.Height = 10

End With

With Button1

.Text = "1"

.Top = 35

.Left = 10

.Width = 50

.Height = 50

End With

With Button2

.Text = "2"

.Top = 35

.Left = 70

.Width = 50

.Height = 50

End With

With Button3

.Text = "3"

.Top = 35

.Left = 130

.Width = 50

.Height = 50

End With

With Button4

.Text = "4"

.Top = 95

.Left = 10

.Width = 50

.Height = 50

End With

With Button5

.Text = "5"

.Top = 95

.Left = 70

.Width = 50

.Height = 50

End With

With Button6

.Text = "6"

.Top = 95

.Left = 130

.Width = 50

.Height = 50

End With

With Button7

.Text = "7"

.Top = 155

.Left = 10

.Width = 50

.Height = 50

End With

With Button8

.Text = "8"

.Top = 155

.Left = 70

.Width = 50

.Height = 50

End With

With Button9

.Text = "9"

.Top = 155

.Left = 130

.Width = 50

.Height = 50

End With

With ButtonAdd

.Text = "Add"

.Top = 210

.Left = 10

.Width = 170

.Height = 20

End With

With ButtonEqual

.Text = "="

.Top = 235

.Left = 10

.Width = 170

.Height = 20

End With

With ButtonClear

.Text = "Clear"

.Top = 260

.Left = 10

.Width = 170

.Height = 20

End With

With Me

.Text = "Calculator"

.Width = 205

.Height = 330

End With

Me.Controls.Add(Textbox)

Me.Controls.Add(Button1)

Me.Controls.Add(Button2)

Me.Controls.Add(Button3)

Me.Controls.Add(Button4)

Me.Controls.Add(Button5)

Me.Controls.Add(Button6)

Me.Controls.Add(Button7)

Me.Controls.Add(Button8)

Me.Controls.Add(Button9)

Me.Controls.Add(ButtonAdd)

Me.Controls.Add(ButtonEqual)

Me.Controls.Add(ButtonClear)

End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles Button1.Click

Textbox.Text += "1"

End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles Button2.Click

Textbox.Text += "2"

End Sub

Private Sub Button3_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles Button3.Click

Textbox.Text += "3"

End Sub

Private Sub Button4_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles Button4.Click

Textbox.Text += "4"

End Sub

Private Sub Button5_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles Button5.Click

Textbox.Text += "5"

End Sub

Private Sub Button6_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles Button6.Click

Textbox.Text += "6"

End Sub

Private Sub Button7_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles Button7.Click

Textbox.Text += "7"

End Sub

Private Sub Button8_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles Button8.Click

Textbox.Text += "8"

End Sub

Private Sub Button9_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles Button9.Click

Textbox.Text += "9"

End Sub

Private Sub ButtonAdd_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles ButtonAdd.Click

Val1 = CInt(Textbox.Text)

Textbox.Clear()

End Sub

Private Sub ButtonEqual_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles ButtonEqual.Click

Val2 = CInt(Textbox.Text)

Textbox.Text = CStr(CInt(Val1 + Val2))

End Sub

Private Sub ButtonClear_Click(Sender as Object, E as eventargs) Handles ButtonClear.Click

Val1 = 0

Val2 = 0

Textbox.Clear()

End Sub

End Class

#End Region

End Namespace

#End Region

'Thank you for trying .net Simple Compiler

```

Very legit! Thanks mate. Im actually excited to see this. Thanks for it. One cool thing I like about the way this can turn out. You can litterally copy and paste whole codes ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

Well GP i understand. But once I start adding more features and shit. It will be really legit. I have to change alot of syntax around and create more as well. IN the end. It will be summed up to be a faster replace ment for writing .exe apps

There is credit in the source, and i dident lie about anything. I admit I did not add credits to the guy who actually made the sourcecode post in the topic. However both guys are in the source.

LOL.. I ducking TOLD YOU. Why the hell can you not be honest? I KNEW you were full of shit; I just couldn't find what you used. Thanks, GP.

Dude, you really need to stop ripping peoples work and calling it you own. You flat out told me, "I didn't use any tutorials." Nice to know that my "liez meter" still works like a charm. My advice? Learn VB.NET and stop ripping peoples shit.

> LOL.. I ducking TOLD YOU. Why the hell can you not be honest? I KNEW you were full of shit; I just couldn't find what you used. Thanks, GP.
>
> Dude, you really need to stop ripping peoples work and calling it you own. You flat out told me, "I didn't use any tutorials." Nice to know that my "liez meter" still works like a charm. My advice? Learn VB.NET and stop ripping peoples shit.

Well spoke. This is probably the 4th time this has happened with him and stealing stuff. It's gone from graphics to this.

God damn, how old are you kids seriously. I'm in A school for the army for learning to be a computer technicians. I know what i'm doing when it comes to software engineering as well as writing and cracking software when it comes down to it. Yes I used an open source software…Whats the issue. The codes that make the system sure as hell arent the same as when I got a clean source ill tell you that much.

@Budweiser: I was trying to do what no one has done yet when we were talking last week. I could ducking program SFML in .net with simple grace. What you fail to understand in what I was doing was, I was trying to create a system that allows users to click and drag custom made controls made entirely out of graphics without the lag and clunkiness that vb.net already comes with. Take your own advise and step up to the plate boyo and write a whole new system built into another system based on little info on the current assemblies that a graphics engine is required of, and write a basic interpretor for physical graphics components that do what I was trying to do.......geez black amigo stop breaking a guys balls.

@Aaron...........why you got so much beef with me. I specifically gave credit to both these guys in source, and forgot to add 1 guy to the credits list. If a program is on a site specifically for open source apps, (Especially when i was given it to license free as a gift) you dont need to be all over it. Seriously dude what I do to you.

@General General General Pony.....I respect you so I dont got much shit to say to you. Although you could not be so touchy when it comes to this shit. Id be pissed off if someone stole my shit too. However I did give credit and I appropriatly updated it when I was confronted without an attitude...untill now.

@Rest of eclipse...............Enough said

@Topic i know this isent ducking twitter ;P

So your saying that "I should pay you $20.00 for a system that, i was too lazy to program myself and ended up doing anyway. From a source you yourself did not even create" seems legit i guess

Daxter, ima have to agree with GP here….Also not to mention, if you didn't know how to make the system, how did you make it now?

That pic isn't going to help defend your comeback to this question.

Anyways, can we all just ignore this? or at least lock it before we have members getting muted/warned?

Shit is only worth how high its stacked man. Mirage was and always will be shit. If you want to slap a price on it fine. But dont expect a person to pay for it. I dont belive for 1 sec that genisus gave you permisson to do shit with a base engine slapped with tutorials. Robin even admitted that EO 2.0 is litterally nothing than tutorials slapped together from the old mirage site. Weres the credits to them, and yet everyone only looks at the annoyance he caused and the good stuff in the engine.

As for you growlith, I honestly dont care if I get muted or banned. Im on this site becuase I have a passion for creating games. This is the only site that Iv grown pretty close to as far as material not so mch members. Like I said im in A school for this kind of stuff, so I can get accsess one way or another.