Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Map editing

MrIce

Hello, i was wondering, is there any easy version map editor? As its preatty time-taking to only be able to edit a map in-game with your character used to scroll. And doing the trees so it actually makes it good looking (ex. when character is under you have to use tree as underlay & the top part of the tree has to be OVEr the character, and you have to put the "block" attributes yourself, wich means if i am going to have 100 trees in a map, i have to do this all by myself, wich will take ALOT of time.)

Just a simple question, is there any easier way to create maps? like a map editor etc?

EDIT: Got some answers, thanks all, shame there is not an easier way to make the maps, but i have the time so ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

I have the time sir, believe me, and it was a simple question, simply because i wanted to ask, because what if i created the maps like this, and wasted time when there was a easy editor out here? So thanks for your answer! Will do the maps like everyone else does then:P

Then its good ;-)

But to the extern map editor… it would be the same like ingame you need to set the tiles Ground / Mask / Fringe every time theres no self generating map editor and i can just say do it better by yourself -> Give no problems and you can be proud of your maps and say "Thats what ive done... really good "

Shift + Right Click will teleport you around as an Admin (some engines anyway) saves you some walking time.

When you're building a map, think of it a lot like painting a picture. Start with the top, or background and work your way forward so you conflict less with Fringe. Simply take your time or you'll get burnt out doing it too. If you do 1 map a day, you'll have 21 maps done in three weeks. That's not terrible progress in the long run of things. Players appreciate hard work when it shows.

Now developing your own tileset for an ORPG… That's where the time REALLY begins to sink.

> Ah the scroll thing xD
>
> Just do not maps which scroll haha

Thing is, thats the comlex of my RPG, it has to be non scrolling BIG maps, like a free-world type.

Vortigem, your command there helped me out alot, thanks. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

Yeah, just like the other guys said…

It's pretty easy. Trust me, after some hours of work you will know almost everything about it!!

But even if you really know everything about the mapeditor you probably are never as fast at mapping as you was with RPGmaker...

Well i hope one day we'll see some nice maps made by you ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)