Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a mapper for a serious project.

Alignment CN

![](https://i.gyazo.com/dc53e24b5260f1a4a065b6d9b25e4c3f.png)
**_What is Autumn War?_**
This project is remaining mostly under the radar as we plan to release all the information related to it along with the steam greenlight that will come about. What I can tell you is that I am very serious about this project, the target audience will be ex-players of Runescape, Ragnorak Online and Ultima online as it will be a crafting, grinding, pvp oriented open world mmorpg. I can promise the mapper(s) who come on board **either** a percentage of the games donations as payment, **or** we can work out a per-map commission payment agreement. 

**_What will you be mapping?_**
Well, The entire game world. & _I will leave most of how it's designed up to you_. I will just give you a brief outline of what the needs of the area will be and then you are free to get creative. Ex; "We need a new cave for mining ores" - Have fun! So this will make for a good opportunity for any mapper who wishes to be free and design without the chains and whips, while watching their work come to life without needing to recruit a game dev team along side it.

> I can't be certain what the donation rates will be on launch as we are not public atm. As for what the percentages of profit the mapper would be entitled to, that would depend entirely on what the mapper and I can come to agreement on and how much of the workload they are willing to take. 
>
> I would perhaps  be willing to pay a commission per map, although that's not ideal. I am looking for somebody who's willing to put some time into the game and have some faith that their work will pay for itself. Being on a student budget myself, I can realistically offer a lot more from the donations than I can out of my own pocket.
>
> **If you are interested to work on AW as a mapper, but don't find my offers appealing;**
> -please, strike me with a counter offer I'm very reasonable.

**Thank you!**
**-CN,**
**From the  _Autumn War_  team.**

Can I suggest that you maybe state the donation rate/if donations are the only profit avenue ect. as people won't do 3 months works for nothing, you should supply the percentage rate and perhaps give a set amount for working for 3 months because currently your offer may be seen as nothing for 3 months of work.

@'PhenomenalDev':

> Can I suggest that you maybe state the donation rate/if donations are the only profit avenue ect. […]

Well, I can't be certain what the donation rates will be on launch as we are not public atm. As for what the percentages of profit the mapper would be entitled to, that would depend entirely on what the game generates as well as what the mapper and I can come to agreement on.

I would be willing to perhaps pay a commission per map, although that's not ideal. I am looking for somebody who's willing to put some time into the game and have some faith that their work will pay for itself. Being on a student budget myself, I can realistically offer a lot more from the donations than I can out of my own pocket.

I'll add some of this information to the OP. Thanks for your advice.

• 3 weeks later...