Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[All Versions] A+ Pathfinding for NPCs

tslusny

Yes but EO3's pathfinding really sucks. reverting it back to eo3 standard and seeing how bad it does. if you see i put an an if to turn it on an off

the eo3 standard seems to be processor heavy and inefficient. hence my report to you the other day of going from 50-80 cps to 500-900 cps wit just the code change.. granted the pathfinding in eo3 standard does FIND the target better

EDIT

well turns out neither yours OR eo3s pathfinding pays attention to blocks that were put inplace using the directional blocks…. IT only works if i use attribute based blocks...

Now that i know this i will go back to trying both yours and the default and see what one is better on server load.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Yes but EO3's pathfinding really sucks. reverting it back to eo3 standard and seeing how bad it does. if you see i put an an if to turn it on an off
>
> the eo3 standard seems to be processor heavy and inefficient. hence my report to you the other day of going from 50-80 cps to 500-900 cps wit just the code change.. granted the pathfinding in eo3 standard does FIND the target better
>
> EDIT
>
> well turns out neither yours OR eo3s pathfinding pays attention to blocks that were put inplace using the directional blocks…. IT only works if i use attribute based blocks...
>
> Now that i know this i will go back to trying both yours and the default and see what one is better on server load.

You can define them in Sub Pathfinding, you can easily add there check for directional block. I think it is in Sub CreatePathMatrix

Ive been testing this in 3.0 quite allot recently on a large map (100x100) with 15 npcs chasing me and the performance improvement over the current path finding system is quite substantial. In just sheer fps sniders path-finding would tank my fps down easily from 60 to 43 whilst this holds steady at around 55.

However If you do intend on using this In 3.0 you will need to replace the mapblocks functionality with the pathmatrix one used by this pathfinder, and keep that updated. Also a onblockaway check is required when targeting the player or it will go crazy.

• 2 years later...