Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Custom Tilesets

Jake2255

Hey, I downloaded a couple of custom tilesets from different forums, I have put them in-game but the background color shows up when I use them

e.g I try to add a desk but the green background color shows up with it…

Any suggestions what to do???

Any advice will be appreciated, much thanks!

top left square should be the same color (ie this will be your transparent color)

it will translate that color to invisible, so in case of your desk, the top left pixel of the tileset should be that color of green

(it might be possible you have a mix of color, than you have to recolor your image)

the left top square should be only your mask color, so in your case, green, because the engine uses that to determine which color to make see tru ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

for duck sake… unnown, stop ninja-ing me xd

Dude, it has to be set to GREEN. Becuase green is around ALL your tiles, so the VERY first pixel of the image has to be the color of the rest of the background. So make it green, not white.

![](http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/69/92917191.png)

See? The top left is left black because the background is black, and you dont want black to show up around the items, so they left a 32x32 black box, although it just needs to be the first pixel, I believe.

EDIT: duck you unnown

So many replys and no one know why…

If you are not using DX8 then will it never be working... the tileset which you use got transparency what means the thing around it theres an transparent color which makes the first tile-color darker = not removed anymore

what does that mean ? -> Remove the transparency from your Tileset and it will work but the tileset will look bad then maybe...

> So many replys and no one know why…
>
> If you are not using DX8 then will it never be working... the tileset which you use got transparency what means the thing around it theres an transparent color which makes the first tile-color darker = not removed anymore
>
> what does that mean ? -> Remove the transparency from your Tileset and it will work but the tileset will look bad then maybe...

What are you talking about? His tileset contains no transparency whatsoever.

Even that being so, that's not going to fix the problem. It has to be the top right pixel, that will be the transparency. He shouldn't be having any problems.

> perhaps its a jpg, and since that tends to have minute differences, it wont work? just thinking ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Exactly why I want him to post the tileset. I'll try and fix it myself, it'll take like 3 and a half seconds.

Make the top left pixel is the exact same color. I find it easier to simply use a bright green, but that is simply preference. Also, like the above posts state, double check the file type to make sure it is the same as all the others. Re-save it as a bitmap. (Bmp)