Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BASS

Yamasusi

> how do i implement BASS so i can play mp3s?

Hello. Welcome to the forums.

You should always try to provide as much information as possible. What engine are you using?

Many Eclipse engines already support MP3 playback, among other formats. They do it through fmod, not through un4seenBASS. I'm not aware of any BASS mp3 players used in Eclipse engines, so you might be working from scratch if you'd prefer it over fmod.

If your engine does not already support mp3 playback, you can find instructions to upgrade your code in the tutorials -> source section. A working copy of VB6 and some basic coding knowledge is assumed.

> Hello. Welcome to the forums.
>
> You should always try to provide as much information as possible. What engine are you using?
>
> Many Eclipse engines already support MP3 playback, among other formats. They do it through fmod, not through un4seenBASS. I'm not aware of any BASS mp3 players used in Eclipse engines, so you might be working from scratch if you'd prefer it over fmod.
>
> If your engine does not already support mp3 playback, you can find instructions to upgrade your code in the tutorials -> source section. A working copy of VB6 and some basic coding knowledge is assumed.

well.. im actually using elysium diamond, but i heard its pretty similar.. and unfortunately i dont know any coding D: …

before i posted this i read this topic but he didnt say how he resolved it :/

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/131402-resolved-mp3-support/page__hl__midi#entry875324](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/131402-resolved-mp3-support/page__hl__midi#entry875324)

PEOPLE STILL USE ELYSIUM!? I dunno whether to shake my head or your hand. That's awesome. But I thought they went under years ago? Elysium has a similar skeleton but different meat. Anyway, I'm guessing where that's an old engine you wouldn't be pro switching engines just for mp3s, because you've already done some work? If not… ehhh there are times when switching engines is an A+ idea, like when it's hard to code and before you're too far in.

Still, it's never too late to learn a little coding. Do you have VB6? He probably just replaced the commands in the engine's music sub with those in BASS.DLL. Find out exactly where Elysium plays music and replace it with the BASS commands. You may also need to adjust some filetype restrictions (which are set to prevent errors from people using the wrong files).

so none of you guys know where i would put it? like the exact location D:

and also, those programs you use.. would i be able to use my own sprites and maps tiles (which are smaller than the ones i usually see people post.)?

im trying to make a copy of a game someone made because it shut down.. (has anyone heard of the 2d cyberconnects dot hack game? lol thats what im trying to duplicate)

i had another question also but i might as well ask it on here.. does anyone know how to paperdoll with the item showing BEHIND the character, not on top.. for example if i was making a dragonball z game (which im not lol) how would i make the energy field when appear behind them

Yes, TFF among many others here offer the ability to use any sized image files in .png format.

To answer your other question, TFF also has the ability to edit animations to be visible behind or in front of the character. (Not sure about other engines)

> Yes, TFF among many others here offer the ability to use any sized image files in .png format.
>
> To answer your other question, TFF also has the ability to edit animations to be visible behind or in front of the character. (Not sure about other engines)

downloaded the thing in your sig and i get runtime error 429 when trying to run the client ..spend like 3 hours trying to fix it -_____- the server didnt work at first but i got it to work and yeah now its the client…

and you can layer on elysium, thats what the old creator did D: i just dont know how to code anything.

nobody can code it for me and tell me where to put it? xD

> downloaded the thing in your sig and i get runtime error 429 when trying to run the client ..spend like 3 hours trying to fix it -_____- the server didnt work at first but i got it to work and yeah now its the client…
>
> and you can layer on elysium, thats what the old creator did D: i just dont know how to code anything.
>
> nobody can code it for me and tell me where to put it? xD

You have to download the runtime files first. Located: [here](http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?92cmw299pf6nlzd)